Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 announcement

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So Pioneer is becoming friends again with other software vendors? They just announced the Pioneer DDJ-SZ2.
Maybe Rekordbox still isn't that good at the moment?

Unfortunately they don't come with a VDJ license (yet) ;)

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 8:49 am

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 9:03 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 9:11 am
Yep, usual Pioneer incremental upgrade which gives them the excuse to bump the price up. Nothing to see here kids.....

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 9:18 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Says on the djkit website that it comes with Serato and VDJ8 pro.

Maybe "copy - paste" from the (old) DDJ-SZ article when VDJ Pro license was included?

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 9:18 am
Possibly. I'm sure someone from Atomix can confirm?

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 10:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ is not included in the box of the new DDJ-SZ2

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 10:30 am
djdad wrote :
VirtualDJ is not included in the box of the new DDJ-SZ2

But... I'm sure you guys will have it supported within the next few... seconds, based on your track record
So... everything is good :)

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 11:24 am
djkit have confirmed their listing was incorrect and they have now removed the reference to VDJ8.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 11:35 am
One main difference is that the fx's can also be post fade through the software now.

So now VDJ can probably take advantage of it.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 12:27 pm
Pretty big mess-up from DJ kit, for the price of it you could forgive anyone for thinking you got both softwares especially since it was stated. If I had bought this unit I would be demanding a copy of VDJ or discount.

After years of not owning any Pioneer gear which is rare for a DJ nowadays I bought the S9 and it's great, I like how they revise their gear regally making their stuff even better. If you think about Denon with the MC6000 it was so long before the mk2 and it was a major let down, still bought one :)

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 7:07 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
they revise their gear regally

They ask the queen what she thinks? DJ Liz. :-)

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 8:05 pm
asa an sz owner . it seems like they have focused the whole upgrade on serato's expansion packs. i wont buy it, if i upgrade it will be the rzx or maybe even an ns7 4 lol. Like wise you would have thought they would have put some type of screens on it

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 9:20 pm
DJMassaSMOKE wrote :
Like wise you would have thought they would have put some type of screens on it

Yes I also expected the SZ2 to come with screens, especially since the launch of Denon MCX8000. One thing for sure is that the 'on/off' relationship between Pioneer and Serato is firmly back on.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 10:53 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 3:18 pm
I think this new version is pretty much spot on for what I do.

Plenty of ins/outs, post fade fx's, true hardware mixer if needed and its full sized ;-p

Still waiting for Pioneer to release an updated version of the DDJ SP1 with colored pads. Not sure why they haven't yet because the SP1 is a great sub controller.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 4:54 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Still waiting for Pioneer to release an updated version of the DDJ SP1 with colored pads. Not sure why they haven't yet because the SP1 is a great sub controller.

I also own a DDJ SP1 and I agree it's a great piece of equipment. I use it with my Numark NS6 and it's like having a new controller.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 5:14 pm
I love my SP1! Great to use with TT's or CDJ's!

I'm hoping now that the SZ2 is coming out, the original SZ will price drop like crazy. Maybe be around the same price as an SX2.

Posted Thu 22 Dec 16 @ 1:59 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
".....Still waiting for Pioneer to release an updated version of the DDJ SP1 with colored pads."

+1
I'm also still waiting for RGB colored pads on a SP1. I'm used to my colored pads on my SZ and now want to use the same colors on a SP1 with CDJ's/XDJ's...

Posted Thu 22 Dec 16 @ 2:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)