Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: video and image slideshows - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vjbatPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Touching base on this - Has anyone figured out any parameter that would allow for a cross-fade between the source video and whatever is playing (video or visualization)?

Right now I've modified the scripts found here with a CMD TOUCH TC64 to turn it into a video sampler. To do so, for each button you want to fire off a video you use for that button:

deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 2 0% & deck master effect_button 'slideshow' 3 on & deck master effect_string 'Slideshow' 1 'E:\fx\1' & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' on & deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 100%

and then just change the directory (E:\fx\1 in this example) to a different director and only have ONE video in that directory.

To cancel the videos and return to base video/visualization, use this for a 'stop' button:

deck master effect_slider 'slideshow' 1 0% & deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' off

Of course it's abrupt so anyway to fade that based on given time... 10ths of a second maybe...

Aside from that, I know I've hit Don up with the Telly series to try and implement this 1:1 button to video triggering with his software which I believe does have fade control but.... just checking... cause this is a hack.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 11:49 pm
I will probably implement something for it. Probably in a generic sort of way where you pass some string to TM and tell it what to do.

There is effect_command for this sort of thing but last I tested it there was some flaky behavior with it so will need to take another look at it. This would be preferred but there is another way if that is not consistent for whatever reason.

get_effect_string does always seem to work but kind of a strange name for sending a command.

so you might tie this script to a button:

get_effect_string 0 'media slot: 1' // tells TM to goto slot 1 in media tab

get_effect_string 0 'carousel folder: c:\myfolder' // tells TM to play this folder for carousel

This has the advantage of not having to deal with a lot of buttons or sliders and is more readable.

Not sure when I will get to it but thinking along those lines. Also probably will only do for the plus version of TM.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 4:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
get_effect_string and effect_string are synonyms in vdj, so you can write effect_string to make it less confusing :)

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 10:49 am
I don't think effect_string worked though when going to master or something like that.... i will have to recheck ... same thing with efffect_command. They worked when called inside a plugin but not when called from a skin button and referencing the master. I will look at it again though. On the other hand get_effect_string always worked.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 1:40 pm
effect_string appears to be working correctly now and not sure why it was a problem before.

effect_command does not appear to work though from a skin button. I believe it works when called from within the plugin though.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 2:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
They should work very similar, only difference that effect_string works on parameters declared with DeclareParameterString and effect_command works on parameters declared with DeclareParameterCommand

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 2:47 pm
I used DeclareParameter (...,VDJPARAM_COMMAND,...) and DeclareParameter (...,VDJPARAM_STRING,...) for testing.

Seems to be some kind of weirdness with VDJPARAM_COMMAND though. It is appear right now to keep calling in a loop. Maybe it needs to be dismissed some how?

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 2:52 pm
I never though it made much sense to add a special script button for every possible action. If you just take the TM media tab there are 72 slots in the plus version that can be accessed. Wasteful and confusing in my eyes to add 72 script buttons for just that or to have some non deterministic slider action. So I think the command syntax for TM will be something that works well and is extensible.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 4:28 pm
Going directly to a media slot in TM plus is now available for testing. If you are a member of the TellyVisuals face book group I announced and provided a link for it there. If not you can send me an email or PM and I will send you the link.

The syntax is:

effect_string 'TellyMedia' 0 'mediaSlot n'

or

deck master 'TellyMedia' effect_string 0 'mediaSlot n'

where n is a value between 1 and 72. mediaSlot is not case sensitive so could be just mediaslot etc.

This is just a start for testing. I suspect I will open up a lot more using the same basic syntax for many things.

if you want to join the TellyMedia / TellyVisuals facebook group go here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TellyMediaTellyvisuals/

If you want to email me:

donmoir@comcast.net

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 10:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)