Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 support - Page: 2
is there a better mapping for this? i am trying to get this to work with Touch for windows 10

Posted Sat 20 May 17 @ 7:48 pm
What is Touch ?
And what improvements do you ask for ?

Posted Mon 22 May 17 @ 8:02 am
Hi, I bought the djm 900 nexus 2 and downloaded the latest version of vdj8 on my mac. I also have a cdj 2000 nexus 2 and a cdj 2000 nexus (1). is it enough to connect my mac to the usb port A? After that, do I have to make other special links hardware?

Posted Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 1:16 am
VirtualDJ does NOT support "LINK" feature of Nexus2 series.
This means that you'll have to make USB connections for any device you're going to use.
On your case this means at least 2 USB connections (one per each CDJ that will be used both as a controller and as a sound interface) or 3 (one per each CDJ that will be used only as a controller and one on the DJM that will be used as an audio interface)

Posted Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 6:47 am
1. I connected a 4 port ultra slim usb 3 data hub (powered) to 1 macbook pro usb port.

2. I connected cdj 2000 nexus and cdj 2000 nexus2 to two ports of the 4 ultra slim ports

3. I downloaded the cdj aggregator application from the pioneer site on the macbook pro. The Cdj aggregator also sees two cdjs nexus.

4 i started vdj8 and fuzzy works perfectly

Now my curiosity is as follows:

everything works well without making any connection to my djm 900 nexus 2 mixer, W H Y?

Can I also link to the djm 900 nexus 2 mixer? Is there a door called A and a port called B where to connect two notebooks, if I connect my macbook pro to port A for example?

Posted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 1:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The CDJ's can play sound, so it's not required to connect the DJM as well.
If you do connect the DJM as well, there's a few advantages though:
-You can have the audio go straight into the mixer, instead of first into the cdj's and then from the cdj's to the mixer. Less risk if a cable gets loose.
-VDJ will know about the fader positions of the mixer. This is used visually on-screen, it allows the color of the cdj's jog wheel to change when the deck is live or cued, it allows automatic video fader to work properly if you do video dj'ing, and it improves recording your history or track list when recording your mix.

Posted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 4:54 am
VELARIOPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi Im completely New to VDJ but im quite impressed with the forums panel . I have been a Traktor user past 12 years . I got the pro license since i would be doin videos . Now Coming to my question

Is it possible i control the software with my X1 mk2 and soundcard from dim 900 nexus2 ?

If Possible can i deactivate my crossfader on the software n use my individual channel faders for videos ?

Posted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 8:00 am
@VELARIO

The answer is YES on all your questions

1) Kontrol X1 MK2 is natively supported.
2) DJM-900NXS2 is also natively supported.
3) When using an external mixer setup (like with DJM-900NXS2) the crossfader in the software won't control the audio. It relies on your mixer settings to do so (e.g. set the crossfader assignment switches to "THRU" in order to bypass crossfader.
The crossfader can still be used for Video mixing if you like. If you set the video crossfader to be linked with audio crossfader, then the crossfader of DJM-900NXS2 will effectively control the video crossfader of the software. And if you set the crossfader assignment switches to THRU as explained above, the crossfader (in the mixer) will NOT affect your sound!
If you wish to disable the software crossfader all together you can either "unlink" video and audio crossfaders in VirtualDJ or go in options and change the setting 'disableCrossfader' to true/yes

Posted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 11:54 am
VELARIOPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hey thanks for the reply n sorry for the same post on a different forum .

My question was if i deactivate crossfader on software n Hardware (Thru) , Can i mix videos with my individual Channel faders like the same way i wd do an audio set like even the video will fade in n fade out as i pull or push the channel up or down

Posted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 12:32 pm
Yes, you can do that as well

Posted Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 12:50 pm
Help please ,fader from DJM 900NEXUS 2 ARE NOT RESPONDING CROSSFADER AS WELL YESTARDAY WAS WORKING GOOD BUT TODAY ARE NOT RESPONDING

Posted Wed 07 Jul 21 @ 4:22 pm