Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Screens working on MCX 8000 in the near future?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Screens working on Denon MCX 8000 in the near future?
The controller works perfectly with VDJ now, but had been fantastic with screens

Posted Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 11:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We are working on it. Hopefully soon.

Posted Sun 04 Sep 16 @ 11:42 pm
djdad wrote :
We are working on it. Hopefully soon.

PERFECT !!

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 10:21 pm
Starting with build 3409*, Denon MCX8000 is now natively supported (included screens) in VirtualDJ 8.

* Build 3409 is currently in "Early Access", so if you want to give it a try, you will have to enable the EarlyAccessUpdates setting

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 2:30 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
And it works excellent!!!

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 2:15 am
Just cross your fingers that Denon don't release a firmware update which disables them! :-)

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 5:42 pm
metrixPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have try to set pitch reset but nothig hapend
get_pitch_zero? pitch_reset : pitch

and for led jog i try this
get_rotation : songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink
but led stay only in rotation

Posted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 7:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
metrix wrote :
I have try to set pitch reset but nothig hapend
get_pitch_zero? pitch_reset : pitch

and for led jog i try this
get_rotation : songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink

I don't understand what you want there.
Try just, pitch_reset

songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : get_rotation

Posted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 7:52 pm
locodog wrote :

pitch_reset

songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : get_rotation

I would like this set as in the video https://youtu.be/IQ2ATpiIvRM?t=2m24s
Thats happens
1.after 30000ms the rotation Led stop and goes to the beginningsposiotion as if no track is loaded.

but "led_load" (var '@$blinktime' ? songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : load_pulse : load_pulse) this works if blinktime is activated

2.pitch_reset not working because MCX have only one Hardware Key "pitch" i canĀ“t find something like Pitch_C for the Pitch Center in Mapping

3. Pitch have two LEDs for + and - these always remain without function

Posted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 10:36 pm
1) pitch_reset, as an action, resets the pitch gradually back to +0%. It's not instant. If you want it to be instant the you need to use "pitch 100%" action.
Otherwise, no controller can affect pitch_reset behavior. It doesn't really matter how the pitch slider is used or defined. Pitch_reset will always gradually reset the pitch back to +0% (or 100% of original playback speed)

2) For the jog led you can try this, but I'm not 100% sure it will work the way you want: songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink ? get_rotation : off : get_rotation

3) We will investigate about that, unless you mean the PITCH BEND buttons. The buttons work as they should, but their led don't offer any visual feedback by design.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 9:10 am

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 7:01 pm
The arrow LEDs are "hardware" controlled. They cannot be mapped.

The pitch fader itself is also acting a bit hardware-ish, meaning that if you move the pitch fader and swap decks, the fader doesnt report/send any MIDI to the computer until it reaches the pitch hardware value of the deck.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 9:30 pm
For the blinking LEDs. The initial mapping files had those to blink when track was reaching near its end, but we removed this as it was creating some minor issues.

You can try it yourself..
map the LED_JOG_ALL key as.
songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : on

and leave the LED_JOG as ..
get_rotation

The LED_JOG_ALL is the issue actually. What it does is to turn all Leds on and at the same time "enable" the LEDs. But if you send ON, and no rotation after that (e.g. track ends and stops at its beginning/load position), you may end up with all LEds on.

The best approach would be the firmware to provide a way to control and change the pattern (which at the moment is only accessed via the unit settings). If such a way existed, we could blink between the 2 patterns without using the LED_JOG_ALL key. I had emailed Denon, but you know, when the bundled software doesnt give you mapping possibilities and the "bug" is not there (they dont blink the Jog Leds either), then firmware updates are hard to happen ;)

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 9:38 pm
Yes thank you now, it's almost perfect.
with the vms2 I had 2 key Pitch and Pitch_C for the middel so i have use Pitch_C for pitch reset i think its not possibel with Denon I would mapp it on an other button

Posted Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 6:01 pm
VMS2/VMS4 were offering an additional MIDI Out Note, which was sent when the pitch fader was at the center. The Denon MCX8000 (and the majority of controllers) does not.
So, yes, you need to assign some other button as pitch_reset

Posted Tue 22 Nov 16 @ 6:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)