Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: I'm on update b3386 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What version are you on?

Either go forward to a newer build where the problem may be fixed, or go back to the last build which was working for you.

Alternatively use a release build, not an early access one.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 9:09 am
mjay350PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Go back to 3343 - I had the same problem and after reverting back I've had no issues - played for 5 hours, rock solid.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 9:33 am
pc_v8.2.3398 is the one that I currently have

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 9:41 am
Ok, it's happened again on 8.2 b3343. After playing music most of the day a song got stuck (stuttered) and VDJ closed. Can somebody tell me what happens to the report that is sent to technical support when this crash occurs? I have read that as long as I'm logged into my account and a crash occurs the data is sent at time of crash? As I've preciously written I rolled back/reinstalled the above version as this stated to happen with b3386. I know others have experienced similar issues. Have these been resolved or can anybody give me a heads up?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 9:55 am
possibly a bad file maybe you can upload it someplace and other can see if it makes them crash

if you don't remember the name you can look in your history folder for it.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 10:17 am
When you say a bad file, do you mean a song? I just noticed after the crash many of my songs have lost their BPM and time info - all my songs in their various folders now have the green star beside them - meaning they are a new track? Which they are not, any many songs have completely lost all their song and artist titles - I have a backup of my database.xml file. Would I just copy this file back to restore my database?

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 10:23 am
Yes by file I mean song
as for the database just overwrite it.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 11:49 am
From the crash log it seems that the crash has something to do with cover art. So, most likely one (or some) of your files have a bad cover.
Please try to narrow it down to a file that causes this crash and upload the file somewhere for the devs to check it out.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 12:39 pm
Cover art? How would cover art (which I presume is a jpeg, png) file cause the software to crash? So, is it best not have have any cover art associated with my files/songs? But as further background I had been updating the covers when the crash occurred - using the tag editor. I will try and replicate the event today and send the offending file.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 8:30 pm
most of my music has cover art, no issues that i am aware of :-)

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 9:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)