Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Doubleclicking no longer loads tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wynderPRO InfinityMember since 2013
For ease of use as I prefer to load tracks from Explorer where I have access to several HDs at once rather than the vdj built in explorer
I selected mp3/wav/m4a etc etc to "open with" VDJ
Double click / opening a file from desktop/explorer would then open VDJ - begin playing the first track & for subsequent tracks load the deck
Totally eliminating need for anything beyond a keyboard to load a track
Since this update I'm back to the old drag and drop method and without plugging an external mouse into my laptop its frustrating vs the click to play method with a touchpad

Maybe this was unintentionally removed or the result of a windows update but its really swaying me away from VDJ

Steps taken:
Uninstall / Reinstall
Roll back windows update to June
Reinstalled windows without removing files

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 5:01 pm
Very strange.

Loading from Explorer I mean. You do know that you can access all your drives from the VDJ browser too?

Once everything's in the database, it's lightning quick to find stuff as well, in comparison to Explorer (which I find really slow for searching - even with indexing on).

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 5:19 pm
I don't do this but, how about instead of choosing to run it with VDJ, select the option "Choose default program" and point to VDJ ?

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 5:35 pm
wynderPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Thanks for the quick replies -

It is the default file type setting when I go into settings > system > default apps it opens VDJ just doesn't actually load the track - up until aprox 3 weeks ago it would start playing the track

I really don't like the built in explorer - from any apps VDJ/Traktor/Serato I spent hours in the past trying to build up organisation from within the apps ultimately found I preferred navigating by explorer for ease of use - that is probably a sign of how dis-organised my music collection is more than anything else.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 6:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)