Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No internet no use of VDJ - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

That's not a valid reason for not buying the software.

Atomix can give you a licence file you can transfer to the machine even if it never sees an internet connection.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:17 pm
Being potentially unable to use essential software seems like a very valid reason to me!

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Honestly there have been less than a handful of complaints since v8, most threads are people flapping on the theoretical chance as they don't understand the system

if you only use 2 machines then essentially you log in on both and forget about logging in again.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:32 pm
Why does a DJing package need to be "logged in" in the first place?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Anti piracy device, serato has it's only works with certain gear connected, vdj is open with respect to gear so it needs another method.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:45 pm
Perhaps they should consider one which doesn't impinge upon paying customers?

Rather too arbitrary for me I'm afraid, but I do thank you for your advice.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:56 pm
But you need to see it from the company point of view, not the customers.

VirtualDJ has long been derided in the industry because of the level of piracy. Server side authentication largely gets round this, so if they lose the odd customer to gain many more then it's not really an issue.

And if you're one of these "I don't let my machine near the internet" people then that's last century stuff.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 9:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
locodog wrote :
serato has it's only works with certain gear connected

...and depending on what product can also require you to log in and activate as well - for example expansion packs like effects and pitch & time. If you activate something like their video expansion then you can only have it active on two computers and have to manually deactivate it to move it (or contact their support if you can't).

As for VirtualDJ ultimately the easiest thing to do is log in and activate the software. Takes literally seconds. The vast majority of software today uses some form of activation method, some far more onerous than ours. The activation isn't tied to the machine and can be moved freely.

If you cannot do this for any reason then not a problem - we can provide a license file that negates the need to do this - and again plenty of software uses license files too. This means you never have to log in, never even have to see the internet on that PC.

If this means the product is unsuitable for you then that is your choice and I wish you the best in finding something that fits your requirements.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 9:17 pm
login in is only once (thats to verify your license). Upon your setting if you want to verify each time you use the program, then you need to login each time. If you don't want to login each time, just put in the settings not to log you out and not to login (make sure that you are not logging (meaning verifying your license) with other machine more than 2 times).

Login in = verifying your license.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 9:51 pm
Thank you all for your views, I have purchased an alternative which better suits my needs.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 10:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)