Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VMS 4.1 American Audio - No Treble, Mid or Bass on USB Output (Fine on Analogue)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Struggling to get my new VMS 4.1 set up properly. Have it all working across all 4 channels

Channel 1 - Analogue Line In (PC Jingle Machine)
Channel 2 & 3 - USB/Analogue Switchable (MP3 and Technics 1200's)
Channel 4 - Analogue Line In (CD Player)

All works.... OK OTHER THAN....no Gain, Treble, Mid or Bass on channels 2 & 3 in USB mode. Analogue (Vinyl on the Technics) is fine.

Can anyone help ??

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 6:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 9:54 pm
Thanks for the advice. I am a complete novice at 'mapping' and really have no idea if the console is mapped correctly. In fact it probably isn't as my midilog2 channel seems to be recognised as channel 3 :) But it all 'seems' to work ok other than the EQ on USB.

In asnwer to your question, yes the knobs on the skin do move when I move them on the console, but with no affect on sound.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 10:22 am
I would suggest to take a look at the the manual (link i gave you above), check the audio setup and the VMS4 Utility to make sure the Midilogs are correctly set.
8out mode, Ext Mixer Audio setup, factory default mapping etc.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 11:02 am
I have exactly the same problem with the vms5 :-(

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 1:16 pm
Perhaps you need to set the unit to 8out mode (front switcher) and power-cycle unit

Please follow the manual and try to match both the Channels routing from the VMS4 ASIO Utility and the Audio setup of VirtualDJ as shown in the provided images

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 8:21 pm
I had the same problem and was getting very annoyed until I read the manual!!!!!

©
American Audio
®
- www.americanaudio.us - VMS5.0 Instruction Manual Page 18
Eq mOdES
The EQ for the USB audio can work in two different modes, Pre & Post EQ. These EQ modes can
work in both 4 out and 8 out interface modes that are described on pages 18-19.
In Pre EQ the USB audio signal is affected by the VMS5.0 EQ. Pre EQ is the default EQ. In Pre EQ
mode the ASIO Driver will list the VMS5.0 device number, the first number in the sequence will be a
"0". Please see the window below.
***Beware that mapping the MIDI on the EQ knobs in this mode will cause your audio to process the
EQ from the software and VMS5.0 EQ.
Post EQ is for users who prefer using the EQ from their software. To toggle the post EQ mode
on and off; before powering up the VMS5.0, press and hold the
pfl cue (4)
on the 4th chan-
nel MIDILOG and then power "ON" the unit. Release the button, your computer may reinstall the
VMS5.0 as a new device, please allow 10-20 seconds for the change to take place. Confirm the EQ
change by checking the ASIO Driver configuration. The first number in the sequence will be a "1" in
this mode. Please see the window below.
Make sure you are using software where you can map the MIDI from the EQ and that the EQ has
been mapped when using this mode.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 10:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)