Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BPM missing from browser window after update

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using a Pioneer Ergo, running Windows 10 and just updated to Virtual Dj 8.2. Before the update I could organize/group my songs via BPM on the browser pane (lower right area of the screen). Now after the update to 8.2, I can't find the BPMs and can't right click on the browser top to add it (where it now says "Limited edition browser". Where did it go and how do I get it back?

Posted Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 11:14 pm
So, I believe it's because of the "limited edition browser" thing. Rolled back to VDJ 8.... started it up and BAM there are the BPMs, but then the content unlimited didn't work. Updated again to 8.2 and the BPMs are gone again, but content unlimited again works great.

Feeling like I shouldn't have updated in the first place. Everything was working just fine, but because of the hype, I was all excited to get 8.2. Mistake.

I hope this gets sorted. BPMs are nearly essential to mixing, and content unlimited it nearly essential to my business needs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this better.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 12:34 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Under your forum avatar it says you have a pro subscription licence.
Did you just purchase it? Do you have a second, limited editor or controller licence?

If you, go to settings -> licence -> bottom right corner and select your pro subscription licence.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 9:00 am
I have found exactly the same issue with the options for track length and BMP's missing. I understand the need for a limited edition but by removing these options, they have rendered the software useless. Yes, it can do basic tasks but it was limited enough before they cut it back further. Rather than pushing me to buy it, they are moving me in the direction of a competitors software.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 9:16 pm
Hi please assist ....no bpm or key in the browser when using VDJ LE...I have purchased controller plus license and still no BPM or key.

Tried to right click on the colums to selct the field but no luck. Please help....mixing without seeing the keys or bpm's is usless...

MY EMAIL : ajbeyl.djaxe@gmail.com

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 12:36 pm
djnoaiPRO (legacy)Member since 2017
"Tried to right click on the colums to selct the field but no luck."

Is there no 'BPM' to select in the overview when you right click or
is there no colum for bpm in the browser?

Maybe your colums are there, but so small, that you canĀ“t see them?
Try to make them broader!

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 1:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since you have a controller license, make sure you are not using the controller in LE mode (check the license page in config)

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 3:18 pm
Thanks for the fast reply. I HAVE REINSTALLED EVERYTHING as per instructions...seems very simple but still no luck with the browser. You can ONLY use the FULL browser (artist ,bpm, title. key etc.) in VDJ 8 with your mouse and keyboard.

IF.....I use my Numark Party Mix controller with the LE code : I ONLY have a browser with Artist Title and Remix.

Q : I paid for a controller plus license with discount ...was about $30. Is there suppose to be another code you get when paying for the plus license or what...I am new here...

What do you guys suggest? Buy a Pro license??? Would that solve the Problem...? Do you get another registration code?

Maybe licensing is the problem.... Plus controller license does not open the browser options....

Appreciate the advise.

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 4:00 pm
Can you post a screenshot of the license page of config?
It sounds like you are still in LE mode instead of the controller license you paid for.

There is no registration code, but you need to log in using the same login as you used here on the forum to purchase the license.

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 5:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Limited Edition keycode/serial can be validated even if your computer is not connected to the internet. But for a paid license, which doesnt come with any serial and is bounded to your vdj account, you need to connect your computer to Internet at least once.

From our records, it seems that this never happened. If your computer is connected to the internet and you have logged in to VirtualDJ but your license doesnt appear in the LICENSEs tab of VirtualDJ Settings, then maybe you should check your Antivirus and firewall, as there may be something that doesnt allow VirtualDJ to connect with our servers.

This tool may help you as well... http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=other&search=host

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 9:52 pm
Hi Good news ....the tool cleaned the host.....I could log on with my credentials and magic.....
The browser is now fully functional with Artist Bpm Key etc. Appreciate the help.
I will give feedback...if there is an issue.... but for now 100%.

Hope someone could learn from this TECHNICALLY......... being a new kid on the block with licensing of VDJ....I certainly have. Thanks again.

Regards,

DJ Axe - The Original

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 2:39 pm
Me again... I have noticed that if I log out from VDJ ....that my controller looses connection to the VDJ interface. Is this normal?

Should you be logged in the whole time whilst using the controller?

Not sure....please give advice. Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 2:54 pm
Yes, just stay logged in. No reason to log out.

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 3:39 pm
Thanks ....so whenever you have a session you have to be logged in....? This is not good....what if you gig at a place and you have no internet?

Would you have to upgrade to pro to NOT have to connect everytime?

It would suck to have to identify yourself everytime. Why the registration and purchase of licenses then...?

Im starting to have my doughts about the whole licensing bit....

Appreciate feedback.

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 4:58 pm
Why do you want to log out?
If you don't log out you will still be logged in when there's no Internet

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 5:00 pm
Thanks 4 the help....Im gonna test what you say to see how it works....

Apology....for my slow understanding of how this all works....chat again later...

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 7:38 pm
kullronHome userMember since 2019
Hi how do I get it to show bpm and key?

Posted Tue 19 May 20 @ 3:22 pm
What is "it" (i.e. exactly what version of VDJ are you using)?

Did you read the other posts in this thread?

Posted Tue 19 May 20 @ 5:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)