Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Please add default BPM view along with the current BPM in library view.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please add default BPM along with the current BPM in library view. Maybe an option to place it on the side where the album cover is, don't need to view covers.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 10:02 am
I second that! With kpop music for example, the current trend is to go from EDM - like sound to r'n'b - like sound and back. Many songs right now have 3 segments of totally different music, with totally different BPMs! It's a nightmare to mix those

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 11:23 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What do you mean with "current BPM"?

The BPM you pitched to, or the BPM the track is actually currently playing in?

And I know what you mean. Some tracks start with 128 BPM, slow down to somewhere near 95 BPM just to end with 128 again.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:37 am
I think he means "live" BPM calculated as the track plays.

BPM Studio used to have this but I don't think it's ever been an option in VDJ.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:50 am
Well, it can be added on a custom skin / by modifying a skin:

#SilverSleek 2 and SilverSleek #3 display it (if you choose to make it visible)

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 11:03 am
Doesn't seem to work for me George. I'm playing a variable BPM megamix and that field is displaying 117.31 throughout the same as the scan.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 11:10 am
Hmmm. I thought the user meant the "original" BPM among with the current one.

No, VirtualDj does not provide a "real-time" BPM value (and without being 100% sure I don't think any other modern DJ software does either: Traktor, Serato, Rekordbox)

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 12:31 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That's why I asked what "current BPM" OP is refering to.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 12:46 pm
Even though I haven't messed with it, do you know you can edit the BPM in the editor to have variable BPMs? You'll have to adjust it manually though, but it's possible.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 2:08 pm
Yes, and the deck displays the new BPM when the track reaches the anchor point.

It would be far easier to have a live BPM option though - that way you could instantly see if a track has variable tempo.

I do find it very strange that DJ software always regards every track as having a single fixed BPM and one key, when there are so many tracks historically that shift around in tempo and key.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 4:54 pm
As stated above BPM Studio had the option for scanned or live BPM years ago.

I generally kept it on the fixed BPM however it was bloody handy if you were trying to mix disco tracks on the fly as the drum beats are all over the place.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 5:02 pm
I've still got my Red Sound Micro BPM headphone amp/BPM counter. Reads tempo live from the headphone socket.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 5:08 pm
Thanks alot, wished I've had discovered that silver.. skin a long time ago, this is perfect.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 7:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)