Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: SilverSleek 3 - Page: 4
another couple questions :

1.how do I select the active deck from the skin? ( for seek + - and effect pad commands ) I can see no way to select active deck, apart from controller mapping it

2. do you by any chance know a browser hack to collapse all folders back to unopened state for a visual refresh of the folders. There is a reset root folders command but I dont understand it.

Man this skin is really pleasant to look at

Posted Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 10:23 am
Timm United wrote :

1.) not clear when Master Tempo is on auto or not (Like in Fruit skin for example, it has a clear visual distinction) and even when mastertempo is NOT auto, right clicking master tempo shows RC: AUTO which is incorrect I think

That's NOT Master Tempo. That's Master DECK indicator. "RC:Auto" means that if you right click on "MST" the MasterDeck selection will revert back to "auto" in case you you used the buttons to select a master deck manually.
Master Tempo indicator / button is placed on bottom right side of the jog. (The button with the music note)
Also on deck display you should see TEMPO or PITCH above the current tempo/pitch adjustment. You can click this "PITCH" or "TEMPO" label to toggle master tempo on/off (as you can with the button on the jogs)
Also you can click the pitch/tempo adjustment text to get a few options regarding pitch
Timm United wrote :

2) no possibility to adjust sampler level. There could be room in this region. And vu meters would be nice on this view as well ;-)

There is a sampler level adjust knob, but it's visible on "Audio Mixer Full" view. I will investigate if I can squeeze it in this view as well.
Regarding the VU's:
Deck VU-Meters are always visible inside the decks themselves. There's no point IMHO to clone them on 2 sides
Timm United wrote :

3) Horizontal stripes would be really cool as an option.

The skin background is transparent on the browser section. That's why you see this metallic background which fades to brighter in the middle and darker in the sides.
Browser stripes unfortunately can only be solid colors. All colors I have tried make the browser look really ugly... :P
However if you want I can tell you how to modify the browser on your own to include stripes :)

Posted Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 3:44 pm
Timm United wrote :

2. do you by any chance know a browser hack to collapse all folders back to unopened state for a visual refresh of the folders.

Use this code on a custom button:

repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_scroll 'bottom' & param_equal get_browsed_folder_tab 0 ? set '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 & repeat_start_instant 'rsi_CollapseFolders' 100ms & browser_scroll -1 & param_equal get_browsed_folder_tab 0 ? var_equal '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 ? browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : browser_folder & set '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : get_browsed_folder_tab & set '$BRPreviousLevel' & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : set '$BRPreviousLevel' 1 & repeat_start_instant 'rsi_CollapseFolders' 100ms & browser_scroll -1 & param_equal get_browsed_folder_tab 0 ? var_equal '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 ? browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : browser_folder & set '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : get_browsed_folder_tab & set '$BRPreviousLevel' & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing

Posted Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 5:46 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Timm United wrote :

1.) not clear when Master Tempo is on auto or not (Like in Fruit skin for example, it has a clear visual distinction) and even when mastertempo is NOT auto, right clicking master tempo shows RC: AUTO which is incorrect I think

That's NOT Master Tempo. That's Master DECK indicator. "RC:Auto" means that if you right click on "MST" the MasterDeck selection will revert back to "auto" in case you you used the buttons to select a master deck manually.
Master Tempo indicator / button is placed on bottom right side of the jog. (The button with the music note)
Also on deck display you should see TEMPO or PITCH above the current tempo/pitch adjustment. You can click this "PITCH" or "TEMPO" label to toggle master tempo on/off (as you can with the button on the jogs)
Also you can click the pitch/tempo adjustment text to get a few options regarding pitch
Timm United wrote :

2) no possibility to adjust sampler level. There could be room in this region. And vu meters would be nice on this view as well ;-)

There is a sampler level adjust knob, but it's visible on "Audio Mixer Full" view. I will investigate if I can squeeze it in this view as well.
Regarding the VU's:
Deck VU-Meters are always visible inside the decks themselves. There's no point IMHO to clone them on 2 sides
Timm United wrote :

3) Horizontal stripes would be really cool as an option.

The skin background is transparent on the browser section. That's why you see this metallic background which fades to brighter in the middle and darker in the sides.
Browser stripes unfortunately can only be solid colors. All colors I have tried make the browser look really ugly... :P
However if you want I can tell you how to modify the browser on your own to include stripes :)

1. Yes I meant masterDECK. wrong terminology. my bad ;-) Still it would be great to have a permanent visual indicator showing what mode it is on. (it is done quite well in the Fruit skin: permanent indicator showing AUTO or SELECTED and which one is masterdeck is shown quite clearly. Yours is a bit more subtle

2. Would be cool

3. I think it is fine the way it is right now. Good contrast. Forget about the stripes I think ;-)

Posted Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 2:53 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Timm United wrote :

2. do you by any chance know a browser hack to collapse all folders back to unopened state for a visual refresh of the folders.

Use this code on a custom button:

repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' & browser_window 'folders' & browser_scroll 'bottom' & param_equal get_browsed_folder_tab 0 ? set '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 & repeat_start_instant 'rsi_CollapseFolders' 100ms & browser_scroll -1 & param_equal get_browsed_folder_tab 0 ? var_equal '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 ? browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : browser_folder & set '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : get_browsed_folder_tab & set '$BRPreviousLevel' & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : set '$BRPreviousLevel' 1 & repeat_start_instant 'rsi_CollapseFolders' 100ms & browser_scroll -1 & param_equal get_browsed_folder_tab 0 ? var_equal '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 ? browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : browser_folder & set '$BRPreviousLevel' 0 & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing : get_browsed_folder_tab & set '$BRPreviousLevel' & browser_scroll 'top' ? repeat_stop 'rsi_CollapseFolders' : nothing

Super! OMG been needing this for ages. Maybe they can implement it in the browser itself. Now you see it scanning upward, which is fine, but an instantaneous collapse would be great too as a standard browser feature to tidy things up to an initial clean staten. Thanks though for this one.. Man you know your mapping!

Posted Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 2:55 pm
Maybe I didn't look good enough, but I used the skin with the XDJ700's and activated "Quantize" on the left player / left deck.

The following 2 gig's, I used my DDJ-SZ and my left deck still has Quantize activated? How to turn Quantize on/off in this skin?

Posted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 6:36 am
royvanmeel wrote :
Maybe I didn't look good enough, but I used the skin with the XDJ700's and activated "Quantize" on the left player / left deck.

The following 2 gig's, I used my DDJ-SZ and my left deck still has Quantize activated? How to turn Quantize on/off in this skin?

Still having this problem.. Keep forgetting to turn off Quantize when using XDJ700's...

And item no:2

I wanted to use the "BROWSER TWEAKS [SKIN TOOL]" (with Silversleek 3) but when I only choose "browser in a floating window" the skin can not be loaded.. I did save this with another name.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 1:44 pm
Hi Phantom DJ
Great job your skin! I started to use it on my VDJ 8.2 and DDJ-SX…
If I can ask a small issue I found …
I tried to set the parameter option “ShowHorizontalSideList” to YES, because I would like to see the side list horizontally, but it does not seems to work.
For your info, I found the same problem also on the default skin.
So I’m not sure if it’s a VDJ bug or a skin problem…

I search on the forum but did not find any useful inf.
any suggestion will be very appreciated
Thanks in advance for your help
DJ Enry

Posted Wed 17 Jan 18 @ 9:29 pm
You need to restart VDJ if you change the sidelist setting. It doesn't work straight away.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 18 @ 9:41 pm
... Respect ... the skin rocks ...
...I have a question just out of curiosity ... what exactly is the Audio % number shown on the help pop up of the CPU meter ?

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 11:42 am
It shows the CPU usage of the audio engine

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 2:37 pm
Πολύ καλό!!! Ανάμεσα στα 2 πιο αγαπημένα!!!

Posted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 9:02 am
Hi, I like the Skin, but like the others i need the beatcounter in the Top og the Skin.

I have found some at the center Functions:

Select 4 Decks Layoutr and Center = Audio Mixer Full.

Hope we can have somone like this :

At the Top Line Center like in other Skins.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 18 @ 6:48 pm
Hi PhantomDeejay,
I like to skin. I need help, may I know how to change the browser text to default type (original skin text white color). I know how to do simple edit on xml but I don't know which command lines. I did changed the font to Arial.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 2:16 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just discovered the first casualty of the new 64-bit VDJ. Skinning the jogs no longer seems to work. They're just blank instead of having the album art or anything else on there. It's still in beta, so it might fix itself with an update. Just thought I'd make you aware.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 8:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thanks for the report. Will be fixed in a future 64-bit release.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 10:40 am
djnet71PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello guys!i just update at 4580 version and i noticed in silversleek 3 that in tag editor at field ''Remix'' have to be filled with parenthesis : ( ) everything is written in field ''Title'' with parenthesis, for example : (john's edit) .
I mention that because in all previous versions of VDJ when in tag editor was filled both fields ''remix'' and ''title'' at the deck showed twice everything was in perenthesis so every time i add some tracks i always deleted everything was at field ''remix''.
Now this procedure no need to be done anymore.
Am i notice this rigth or am i wrong guys?
Anyone else who use this ''remix'' field ?

I am asking this because when you move to another skin...the infos on deck are twice everything is filled in ''remix'' field.

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 11:38 am
Used this skin since release, now it doesnt work properly anymore, The memory usage gets really high causing vdj to freeze up while in middle of gig after 4 hours of play. Please update.

Posted Thu 01 Nov 18 @ 4:58 pm
Your memory issues have nothing to do with the skin you use as you said yourself on another thread.

Posted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 1:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Your memory issues have nothing to do with the skin you use as you said yourself on another thread.

Yes you are right, VDJ staff had initially said its the because of the skin. I then went on and see that the silversleek do run at higher memory than the default so I thought it could have been the problem. As you mentioned I've determined its not after various testing. I've been using this skin since you pushed it out. Would like a update though, such as adding the beat bars.

Posted Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 4:22 pm
88%