Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Going from VDJ7's clipbank to VDJ8's ... what? Slideshow? Sampler? Tellyplugins?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

In VDJ7 I had several, renamed copies of the clipbank plugin, one for each set of videoclips. I would trigger those with a push on the dedicated button. How can I get something similar in VDJ8? Which plugin replaces the clipbank and how do I activate a certain clip (set) with one button?

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 2:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The sampler allows having several clips grouped in sets, but currently requires manually switching on/off the samples.

The slideshow can automatically cycle through a folder of clips, can be set to only play when no video is available, and you could switch through different sets manually by selecting a placing each set in a different folder.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 2:43 pm
Thank you Adion.

Which one of those two allows certain clips (or sets of clips) to be activated directly with a single skin button and how would the VDJScript code for that be?

NOTE: I am on a touch screen and with a very "simple" skin, without any popups or selection menus available or desired. I need to trigger effects and clips with a single button, including in the script (or ini file) the needed parameters. This is what I am after here. I had that in VDJ7. Now I'm a bit lost...

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 3:52 pm
The sampler has several script commands such as 'sampler_pad 1' to start the first sample, as well as script commands to select the required bank.
The slideshow is just an effect, so can be turned on off using 'deck master effect_active "slideshow"' for example

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 5:26 pm
Thank you again, Adion. I've seen the SDK and VDJScript verbs. What I meant was more along the lines of:
'sampler_pad 1 "Y:\EFFECTS\Tarzan.mp3"' (to indicate a file)
and:
'deck master effect_active "slideshow" Y:\EFFECTS\SHADOW DANCERS\' (to indicate a folder)

Is that possible?

(In my VDJ7 skin I had dedicated buttons for each sound effect and each clipbank (=set of 12 videos)... I wanna get back to that somehow, being able to launch a clipbankvideo or a soundeffect with one button...)

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 9:32 pm
sampler_pad "x.mp3"
would work.
There's currently no way to change the slideshow folder from a script.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 7:27 am
I see you have not specified a folder. Where would sound samples have to be located for this code to work? In "\Sampler\Audio" ?

I used to duplicate the clipbank, each with a different set of video files specified in the ini file, triggering each clipbank with a different button. How would I go about achieving this with the slideshow? I understand native effects cannot be copied and renamed...

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 8:13 am
You can add a full path if required as well.

You can also create different sample banks, and switch to a different bank using
sampler_bank "bank1"

You can combine this with starting the first clip from the other bank:
sampler_bank "bank1" & sampler_pad 1

For the slideshow there's no solution at this time to change the folder from a script. This could be added I think though.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 10:01 am
Thank you very much for all this information, Adion. I appreciate it!

I think the sample part is sorted :)

Forgive me for not giving up yet on the slideshow plugin... I saw a line in the ini file with Custom Path... Could one give a certain path there, like Y:\CLIPS\SHADOW DANCERS, and would the slideshow then always start in this folder? If so, could more than one ini files be created with different names to trigger slideshow from a different folder? Or am I talking rubbish here (I have no programming knowledge)?

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 10:23 am
Yes, the path can be anything, but there's no way from within vdj to change it other than the 'select folder' button in the slideshow config.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 10:31 am
sorted. many thanks!
:)

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 11:32 am
One more question: how do I specify in VDJScript if the sample is a drop or a loop?

I have this:
<button action="toggle '$SHADOW' & var '$SHADOW' ? off & sampler_bank 'SHADOW' & sampler_select +1 & sampler_play_stutter : on & sampler_bank 'SHADOW' & sampler_stop">
This button will activate a different slot every time it's turned on.
And that's fine for drops, but I need an additional command for loop samples to be played looped...

Posted Sun 24 Jan 16 @ 5:50 pm
Disregard my former post. I've opened a new thread to be able to get the attention needed for this specific problem.
:)

Posted Mon 25 Jan 16 @ 11:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)