Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Karaoke Feature Requests - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sure before christmas....

But I'm not telling you the year >:D

Posted Fri 29 Apr 16 @ 11:59 am
SBDJ wrote :
If you feel you have the time and skills required to partake in the beta testing process to help shape the software then we are actually accepting applications, as per the thread in the general forum.

Can one still become a beta tester? I checked the General forum and did not see a thread regarding becoming one.

I am an avid VDJ user and have years of experience as a software beta tester.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 2:47 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
BigDawgProductions wrote :
Can one still become a beta tester? I checked the General forum and did not see a thread regarding becoming one.

At this time we are only accepting applications from licensed users.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 12:32 pm
I submitted my email for beta testing and haven't heard anything back.... and I am a developer / tester and Pro user.... Is the email at your end broken?

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 11:40 am
SBDJ wrote :
At this time we are only accepting applications from licensed users.

Just updated my CC info and linked my other account.

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 4:26 pm
You should be able to see that link now then :)

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 7:47 am
SBDJ wrote :
You should be able to see that link now then :)

Yup. Sent an email in about a week ago, should I send another?

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 8:19 pm
I'm sure the people responsible have received and will be considering your application.

Posted Sun 08 May 16 @ 10:20 pm
BillbwePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Sure before christmas...., perhaps ?

Posted Fri 20 May 16 @ 6:48 am
Only if you've written a really good letter and you've been a good boy!!

Posted Fri 20 May 16 @ 4:33 pm
Ha ha. Made me chuckle Dan.

Posted Fri 20 May 16 @ 5:09 pm
BillbwePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm glad you guys think it funny and I suppose it is funny as far as the time taken to achieve some of the dev. work that has been on-going for a long time..........a very long time.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 5:39 am
Although I agree it's frustrating it has been stated by the team that there are more karaoke features in the next update which (apparently) is imminent.

Just a case of waiting it out. Our definition of soon is not the same as software developers.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 9:01 am
I'm hoping Atomix "do a Microsoft" and go from 8.1 straight to 10 :-)

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 9:07 am
Don't mention Windows 10.... please.....

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 9:09 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Arrrh, I don't want to go straight to v10, I want to see the goodies in v9... (pouts lips and spits out dummy)

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 10:32 am
...and as promised v8.2 has some notable new karaoke features, including a new history system indexed by singer and on-screen karaoke singer rotation display (which can also be manually displayed when karaoke mode is not active using karaoke_show).

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 12:59 pm
SBDJ wrote :
...and as promised v8.2 has some notable new karaoke features, including a new history system indexed by singer and on-screen karaoke singer rotation display (which can also be manually displayed when karaoke mode is not active using karaoke_show).

Some great new features - thank you! One more thing I would really like to see, and I am sure I have asked this somewhere before, is being able to use video as background with the Karaoke option turned on. At the moment, I can only use some of the Karaoke features as I play music videos between singers - if the software can do it, of course I would love to be able to use all the features of the Karaoke option ;)

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:03 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice one Scott! I assume this part of the development was your baby? :)

Definitely a step in the right direction. Like the previous poster, I too use music videos for background, so any option for doing this would be great. Given the choice, I'd sooner see the background tracks played off one of the decks than "appearing from nowhere" as it were, but hey ho. Quick question though, how do you use the rotation mode manually? I gather that there's a command called "karaoke_show", but I tried applying this to a spare button, but it didn't do anything. Am I just looking at this all ar$e about face? Could I use the #singer and #position tags elsewhere, such as in a scrolling text plugin for example? Sorry for being a little clueless!

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:55 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, just been tinkering around in the background image settings, I can't seem to get the text to "word wrap" - if the line of text is too long, it just gets lost. Fitting the singer's name(s) plus the name of the song is never going to fit onto one line without wrapping it to the line below...

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:06 pm
78%