Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Here we go again

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I dont understand what is happening... About a month or so ago i had problems losing midi control on my Pioneer DDJ-SX controller, I've since bought a new Denon controller for traveling, and last night while playing i lost midi control twice... This happened after i updated to the latest build of VDJ. The only way to fix the problem is turn off the controller and back on... I don't even have to re-start VDJ. Im using brand new cables and a brand new controller, and i do know another person this has happened to using a Numark controller. Any ideas guys?

Posted Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 8:18 pm
PtownDJ wrote :
last night while playing

Where were you playing? Is it a regular venue or somewhere new? Does the issue occur at other locations too?

Posted Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 6:36 pm
There are two venues that i play in where i work, this problem has happened in both venues, and now on both controllers.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 5:31 pm
Sounds like a problem with the USB on your laptop.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 8:24 pm
I would think that but the audio works fine, and i can still DJ mouse clicking on everything. So why would the sound card continue to work, but not the midi? I am going to try using a different USB port tonight to see if there is a change.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 5:11 pm
Has it ever happened anywhere other than these two venues? Maybe it's interference of some sort - could be mains borne or being picked up by the USB cables.

Do the USB cables have ferrite filters on them? You know, those lumpy bits you see on computer cables...

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 6:17 pm
The cable for my controller does, i wondered what that was for... This has only happened in the 2 DJ booths that i work out of here in Provincetown, Im hoping it doesn't happen when i play in Fort Lauderdale next weekend.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 1:23 am
I don't know if the last update made the difference but i am no longer having midi problems with my controllers, thanks guys!

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 2:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)