Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2522 - PUBLIC - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs_v8.html
Quote :
crossfader_curve : select the curve of the crossfader. enter a value to adjust the slope from a X curve (0%) to a inverted-U curve (100%). you can also specify common curves by name ("smooth", "full", "scratch", "cut", "disabled"). or you can draw your own curve, using a syntax like 'crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/1=[0,1]"'.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 11:35 am
Great list!
But I miss the newly added script "sampler_group_mute" has it been implemented ?

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 12:51 pm
I'm not a Mac-Boy, do I need to let this update onto my Windows PC??

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 2:43 pm
What if I wanted to swap left deck with right deck, what would the full command be. For example mapping to eject button of left CDJ2000 so it swaps with the right CDJ2000?

Is it invert_deck right?

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 2:57 pm
No, it's "invert_controllers" and this command exists since version 7

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 4:52 pm
Still I notice an error in the section Samper. By clicking the right arrow several times (changing the bank) will restart VDJ8.
Specification: Macbook Pro, OS X 10.9.5, VDJ8-build 25.22
In previous versions, this error also occurred

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 5:09 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Move To not working again.

It seems that the Files Operations command "MoveTo" isn't functioning on Macs again.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 5:25 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djsaampl wrote :

Which means it's not a regression bug ;)

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 7:00 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
And the BPM drift is back in this version... :-(

Someone revert to a previous version of the code? Seems like a number of things which were fixed and solid in previous versions all of a sudden are broken again.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 8:09 pm
dcomo wrote :
And the BPM drift is back in this version... :-(

Someone revert to a previous version of the code? Seems like a number of things which were fixed and solid in previous versions all of a sudden are broken again.

Did a 6 hr set on Saturday with this version and didn't have any difficulties regarding BPM. What is your setup?

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 8:12 pm
@Phantom DJ I've read that many of times and for someone who isn't a pro DJ or familiar with this type of stuff, its a foreign language. That still isn't a visual of what exactly the crossfader curves look like.

Like how do I get a sharp cut without it cutting at 50% or is that the only cut available? How do I get a constant power curve?

I also don't know what a logarithmic curve looks like. I know what linear and quadratic look like.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 12:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Souf Centrol
crossfader_curve : select the curve of the crossfader. enter a value to adjust the slope from a X curve (0%) to a inverted-U curve (100%).

X curve = linear
Inverted U curve = quadratic
logarithmic curve = between linear & quadratic

you can also specify common curves by name ("smooth", "full", "scratch", "cut", "disabled").
If you want constant sum output, use smooth.

or you can draw your own curve, using a syntax like 'crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/1=[0,1]"'.

You have 3 things
1 crossfader position (from zero, all the way left, to one all the way right) The number before the equals sign
2 & 3 The output from the xf side (from zero to one) Left hand side before the comma, Right hand side after the comma,

If you want to see the curves, that's a addon for higher than Home licenced users.

If you need any more help make a thread as this is not related at all to regression nor indeed bugs

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 12:34 am
Souf Centrol wrote :
@Phantom DJ I've read that many of times and for someone who isn't a pro DJ or familiar with this type of stuff, its a foreign language. That still isn't a visual of what exactly the crossfader curves look like.

Like how do I get a sharp cut without it cutting at 50% or is that the only cut available? How do I get a constant power curve?

I also don't know what a logarithmic curve looks like. I know what linear and quadratic look like.

New controllers have knobs to adjust this.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 3:55 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :

Did a 6 hr set on Saturday with this version and didn't have any difficulties regarding BPM. What is your setup?

I run a bunch of accapella's over beats in my sets and usually once I get it set, it's locked to the beat and is perfect. With recent builds, I'm nudging slightly more often to keep it on beat. I did a quick test on 2522 and it drifts. I swapped the executable (I'm on a Mac) with 2411 and did the EXACT same test and it's perfect.

I don't think it's drifting too far, but it definitely is. I'm away at a convention in Vegas this week, however as soon as I get home, I'm going to use a metronome and try and better isolate the drift.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 3:32 pm
With this built i can't use my saved loop anymore with fruit skin :-S

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 7:04 pm
SBDJ wrote :
djsaampl wrote :

Which means it's not a regression bug ;)

SBDJ - I no longer know where I have to report this error. Support VDJ refers forum. For me this is a serious problem.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 7:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
FORUM: BETA BUILDS REGRESSION BUGS
Use this forum to report any regression bug that is new in the current beta build, but was working ok in the previous builds

VirtualDJ 8 bug-report Forum
Use this forum to report any bug, questions or comment related to the new VirtualDJ 8.

I did try to reproduce your problem, but I cannot make it crash here, no matter how fast I click the next or previous sampler bank arrows.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 8:10 am
Adion wrote :
FORUM: BETA BUILDS REGRESSION BUGS
Use this forum to report any regression bug that is new in the current beta build, but was working ok in the previous builds

VirtualDJ 8 bug-report Forum
Use this forum to report any bug, questions or comment related to the new VirtualDJ 8.

I did try to reproduce your problem, but I cannot make it crash here, no matter how fast I click the next or previous sampler bank arrows.

Strange, could only am I the problem?

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 10:35 am
djnice :o) wrote :
invert_deck does NOT work on deck 4. Works well on deck 1/3 and on deck 2

this bug is still present.
you can reproduce with my skin 'orangejuice'. My custom buttons are not deck sensitive.
map 2 button like: invert_deck 'left' and invert_deck 'right'
left will work
right will NOT switch from 4 to 2

Posted Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 11:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
there hasnt been any newer build, so yes the bug is still present and known. You will have to wait for the next build ;)

Posted Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 12:29 pm
91%