Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ8 WILL Not Open

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As title says, will not open and I changed nothing at all. Not a single thing and it just will not open

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 9:43 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
As title says, will not open and I changed nothing at all. Not a single thing and it just will not open

Reinstall it I had that same Problem doing beta had to go back then update it to open and work.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 15 @ 12:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No don't reinstall, find your vdj folder & look for a file called settings.xml, rename it. and try boot again.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 10:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You have betas enabled and there was a regression bug in one of the betas that will cause this.

Remove VDJ from your applications folder.
Remove any update files from your Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache folder
Download and install the current beta: http://virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj8/mac/2522

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 8:47 am
PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok this solves the opening issue, now its back to not playing Mpeg 2 and VOB files... Please, i need this fixed for tomorrow :-(

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 7:55 pm
PtownDJ wrote :
i need this fixed for tomorrow :-(

So revert to an earier build, or the release version. If you're relying on VDJ for work then it's always best to use a release version rather than a beta.

Plus, have a backup system in place when DJing because you never know what may go wrong, or when.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 8:07 am
Please ensure you have actually installed 2522 - check your version in settings.

MPEG2 should be fine in 2522.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 9:25 am
PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 3:19 pm
I don't know why you'd be having MPEG2 problems then, this build includes the previous fix and none of that code has been changed since that fix.

Since you need it today, I'd recommend you revert to the public build.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 4:55 pm
Mine only worked once I unplugged the controller and hard drive before launching vdj8

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 4:53 pm
I just installed newest version on iTunes on Mac. And vdj8 loaded and worked ok for 10 minutes. Then would not open at all! Can anyone help???

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 10:06 pm
I keep running into issue where I have to Uninstall the whole thing, delete files and install again. I DJed all weekend flawless, 10 hours total, Club with 500 at least, Fire it up today and its all whacked out. Delayed response to controller. Ill stop a deck and on screen it all stops. On the DDJ SX2 the LED platter keeps going and the VU meter on that side will also indicate sound however, there is no sound as VDJ has stopped that deck. Close it out, Open serato...flawless operation. Back to VDJ, its all hosed up when nothing has change. I had to again remove everything and reinstall to correct this. My Saturdays are packed, 500 plus people and a radio station broadcasting live. I CAN NOT take a chance on something going wrong which is why Serato is still on my system... VDJ rocks as a Video unit, serato sucks at that part, but these things just cant keep happening.... MAC running Yosemite PIoneer DDJ sx2 .. Honestly, IDK why it keeps messing up. today when I was playing around with it, it was fine until and hour into it and thats when it all went south. was just doing standard mixing, no skins or third party effects at all. If this was live in a club, Id toss on my backup and Ditch VDJ for the rest of the night because everytime I run into an issue, it is not a fast fix without completely redoing everything and just as said above, I launch Serato and it never skips a beat and the controller is working as it should.. I have VDJ working now and Im going to do 4 hour test runs all week in hopes nothing messes up again.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 2:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)