Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Wonder what it could be [Pulselocker]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

http://djworx.com/ade-2015-serato-webcast-6pm-to-announce-something/

Quote :
ADE 2015: Serato webcast, 6pm, to announce… something

In a little under 4 hours (6pm European time), Serato will be broadcasting a live press conference from ADE 2015. I have no idea if it’s a tables and microphones post-match style affair… “well Mark, the boys done good with this one”. Or if Serato CEO AJ Bertenshaw will be pacing the stage rocking a turtleneck in front of a huge screen being “thrilled and excited”.

Ray will be there on behalf of DJWORX, so we’ll have some sort of media from the event. More details when embargoes lift. But feel free to speculate, commentate, sarcasticate, or generally throw wild and ridiculous guesses out there for a laugh. We will however not confirm or deny anything — it’s Serato’s announcement, not ours.

Go.

My guess...some feature that VDJ already came out with a long time ago. lol Or maybe some type of music subscription similar to Content Unlimited. Or maybe even a partnership with a hardware manufacture.

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 2:44 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
atomix should make headline too by announcing something is to happen :-)

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 4:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Content service, for 1.9

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 4:28 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
klausmogensen wrote :
It looks like... a known competing software... is getting Pulselocker streaming build into it

Looking at the video, it looks like it'll work very much like the new content unlimited, with correct dj licensing and offline caching so you don't need internet at the gig
They are basically copying VDJ...

BUT there should be 44 million tracks in the Pulselocker pool when they launch
I haven't counted CUs content, but I don't think it has 44 million tracks...

So that pool sounds interesting - and it sounds like you sign up for it directly at Pulselocker, and can then use it in the DJ software

If that is the case could it be a second (or third if you count NetSearch) option in VDJ?
Or are they going to only support a certain DJ software?
Does anybody know?

Merged from another thread :)

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 5:24 pm

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 6:08 pm

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 6:12 pm
My thoughts right now:

If Pulselocker proves to be reliable and their catalogue is as big as they claim, it would be worthwhile for Atomix to team up with them for CU rather than the current providers.

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 6:30 pm
groovindj wrote :

If Pulselocker proves to be reliable and their catalogue is as big as they claim, it would be worthwhile for Atomix to team up with them for CU rather than the current providers.

Yes, or both. I have a feeling they will be more expensive than CU is now, so more than one option may be the way to do it - if Pulselocker will allow it

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 6:45 pm
But then can't you just hear the Serato fan boys screaming about how Atomix copied their idea and is jumping on their bandwagon? LMAO

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 12:07 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
if Pulselocker will allow it

This is the idea that gets me. Wonder if they signed an exclusive deal with Serato

Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 7:27 am

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 11:09 am
Update - the Pulselocker web site is now up and running. You can log in and browse around.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 6:51 pm
Does anyone else have Norton anti virus and when trying to go to the Pulselocker website it refuses to allow entry??? Just curious, cause I dont want to bypass Norton if it really is filled with viruses. I know though that Norton is super funky and even will block some VDJ add ons that are fine...just doesn't recognise scripting...

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 7:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)