Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OS X El Capitan Bug Thread - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJCG22PRO InfinityMember since 2008
DO NOT..... upgrade to el capitian...yet... had to learn the hard way.... I did this before a gig and the drivers of the NS7 were not compatible.. so i had to go back to lion... and then vdj8 crashed on me during the gig which this never happened before... i then installed Yosemite.. and no crashes and vdj works great again
MBP 13inch 4gb ram i5
NS7FX

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 6:36 am
I've had to go back to VDJ7 now..I play videos and can't get them full screen anymore..used to have options of 'display 1' or 'display 2' but neither puts the music video onto the screens...miss the option in VDJ7 where you could choose the output (window, VGA etc). After 10 months of VDJ8 I'm sad to go back..if anyone knows a fix let me know..a sad music video DJ! :D

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 12:06 pm
Numark has updated their page on Numark's Hardware compatibility with El Capitan. Seems like all the listed controllers do support El Capitan.
As they note in the link, the software may still not support El Capitan though.
Here is the link to the updated article: http://denondj.com/kb/article/1918

lucas569 wrote :
‼ EL CAPITAN Mac OS X 10.11 WARNING ‼
As we warned last week, please do not upgrade to the new Mac OS until you have checked to see if your hardware is on this list of supported products-> http://www.numark.com/kb/article/1915
Additionally check with your preferred software manufacturer and make sure they are El Cap compatible.
We are working hard to get your gear compatible and encourage you to bookmark the above link to stay up to date with our El Capitan news.

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 10:30 am
By the way, has anyone tried Numark's DN MC6000 or DN MC6000mkII controller with VDJ7 Pro or VDJ8 Pro on Mac OS El Capitan?
Any issues with these controllers and VDJ software?

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 10:35 am
djpasha.lt wrote :
By the way, has anyone tried Numark's DN MC6000 or DN MC6000mkII controller with VDJ7 Pro or VDJ8 Pro on Mac OS El Capitan?

No problem with the MC60000 on both 7 pro and 8 pro.
The VDJ Remote app also runs well through the Ipad mini 2, using el Capitan on 7 &n 8 but is laggy on the iphone6 +

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 2:59 am
Thanks Scorchin!

I have been holding out from upgrading and still use Mavericks on my MBP 13' 2011. I still have VDJ7 Pro installed on it.
I guess I can upgrade to the latest Mac OS finally.
Good! :)

Scorchin wrote :
djpasha.lt wrote :

No problem with the MC60000 on both 7 pro and 8 pro.
The VDJ Remote app also runs well through the Ipad mini 2, using el Capitan on 7 &n 8 but is laggy on the iphone6 +

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 7:17 am
djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djpasha.lt wrote :

I'm running El Capitan with Denon MC6000 (version 1) and it's working perfectly. MBP 15" mid 2012...I waited until Denon approved the hardware with El Capitan...all good

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 7:01 am
Yes, I use the MC6000 too. All the Denon hardware is now supported so I took the plunge a few days ago and loaded El Capitan on my system. Mine is boot camped and I have DJed with Windows 7 for 5 years on my Mid 2010 15" i7 MBP. I briefly used the Mac side last year on Maverick OS, but, after upgrading to Yosemite my Mac was almost unusable. El Capitan is much better on my system giving me confidence in maybe switching to DJ with the Mac side.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 10:07 am
SparrowCerise wrote :
I am using El Capitan (mac) and the upgrade took my prelisten setup away. When I tried to mess with it.. to find a new way to work it.. every time I hit the 'more' button on the sound setup selections, Vdj FROZE and i had to "Force Quit" Virtual DJ. I never did find a way to get prelisten the way I want it, because of having Virtual DJ FREEZE. Normally (for me), prelisten comes through my computer speakers, not my headset where I hear what i am streaming. With this Mac Upgrade, i am hearing the prelisten in my headset.. even though I did not change any settings in Vdj or Mac Preferences.

I have the same problem. it freezes when i hit apply. same for you?

Posted Tue 03 Nov 15 @ 7:11 pm
I upgraded to El Capitan. My Denon dn4500 seems to control both decks on virtual DJ just fine, but I have no sound. Any ideas? This is killing me

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 3:42 am
Problem solved. Re-registered denon and loaded latest Fireware. So my virtual dj8 is now running problem free on El Capitan. I'll be sure to double check for any warnings here before updating next time. Tough running a wedding on a iPod and iTunes.

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 4:42 pm
I currently have a problem with my Mac, after talking with Apple support who are still helping me with the issue, informed me of that certain dj programs will not run with El Capitan. As I have not downloaded this yet I am trying to understand if it will affect the use of my virtual DJ through my pioneer DDJ SB. Would someone please let me know if it is safe to download the new version of Apple software or to stick with my snow lepoard or lion. Cheers X

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 6:13 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I updated both my MacBook Pro with Retina and 11 inch MacAir to El Capitan and both work flawlessly.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 15 @ 1:40 am
Just upgraded to El Capitan and iTunes 12.3. My most recent playlists that I've made on iTunes aren't importing to VDJ 8. Any Ideas why this is happening?

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 4:24 am
infoPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Anyone else experiencing this too? During a set Traktor Control S4 will stop communicating with VDJ 8. VDJ 8 software works fine and music continues to play and you have full function on the screen, but no hardware control. I usually have to restart the computer. Here is my configuration:

VDJ8, latest build
Traktor Kontrol S4, latest drivers installed through Control Center from Native Instruments
Macbook Pro 15" Retina (mid 2015), 2.8ghz i7 16GB, 1TB (888GB free)
El Capitan 10.11.2
No other software is installed.

Had similar problems with my Macbook Air (Mid 2011) running Yosemite (10.10.5) and after tested the USB cable before upgrading to a new Macbook Pro but it hardware lost communication with VDJ8.

BTW: I had to install Native-Instruments Control Center so that my controller would work. I'm not sure if VDJ 8 has the drivers built into the system, but I wasn't able to make it work without installing the software from Native Instruments.

If you have any suggestions for solutions, please share!

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 1:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)