Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2436 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Was wondering if these were mostly 10 issues. I could probably make a test one, but is there a supplier that deals in dxva?

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 2:22 am
DHoude wrote :
Was wondering if these were mostly 10 issues. I could probably make a test one, but is there a supplier that deals in dxva?

its not only with windowws 10...i am getting it with windows 7 and was maybe the first to report about this weeks ago at DjDaD

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 5:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is probably specific for nVidia. It should be fixed in the next build.
In the meantime it should be gone if you disable dxva.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 6:45 am
Adion wrote :

I disabled the dxva on my "bugged" computer with Intel HD Graphics (Celeron Processor) and it's solved for now. On my other pc with nVidia GeForce 310M and Intel HD Graphics (Core i3 Processor) I never had this bug, with or without dxva enabled.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 2:19 pm
Adion wrote :

Nice :) Adion can you explain me the main difference of using dxva and not? I personally don't see any difference in the picture but i guess it uses the nvidia graphic card instead of the cpu right? Is that better and safer? On vdj7 i had it activated and the reason was so that the video clip will go full screen. It worked perfect on vdj7 but i just dont see the reason of using it on vdj8

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 5:14 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 7:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
Adion wrote :

Nice :) Adion can you explain me the main difference of using dxva and not? I personally don't see any difference in the picture but i guess it uses the nvidia graphic card instead of the cpu right? Is that better and safer? On vdj7 i had it activated and the reason was so that the video clip will go full screen. It worked perfect on vdj7 but i just dont see the reason of using it on vdj8

VDJ7 always used the cpu to decode the video. The hardware acceleration switch in vdj 7 only meant that resizing and displaying the video was handled by the gpu. (Which it always is in vdj 8)

DXVA indeed means that the video is decoded by the gpu, which means cpu usage will be lower (so you have more cpu power left for audio processing).
It also means less power consumption so a cooler laptop and longer running on battery power.
For lower-end devices it can simply mean the difference between being able to smoothly play videos without frame drops or not.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 9:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)