Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: browser without info, sideview, folders split panels - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was about to say the same thing.

I am interested in trying out skinning in my spare time but there has to be an "idiots guide" available.

I had a look at the SDK that's currently available and it's all Greek (Sorry Babis :))

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 8:00 pm
I posted this about a year ago. As it says, I figured it out by studying a (unreleased) djdad skin and also asking Babis directly for advice. I think he's the one to consult. Maybe Dan and George have the knowledge too, but as far as I know, they've not made (released) skins that use <split> code.

The blue browser code is what you see in the earlier post. The part that makes the search area blue must be in there somewhere! I suggest copying and pasting that into a test skin and then changing the colours of each part to one that's nice and obvious (bright red?) to see which area it affects.

I suspect it's this <toolbars background="#004F9E" text="#FFFFFF" iconbackground="#0097C9" border="#999999" />

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 8:25 pm
Did the skin building tool for V8 ever get completed?

There used to be one for V7 made by Jeremie but I don't know if he is still around these days.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 8:35 pm
I saw that post, yep. :)

Thanks Groovin' for putting me on the right track! I think I'll stick with changing the colors of the default search bar, and with your former post, I think I'll get there!

I'll post my results here...
:)

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 8:36 pm
Rather than using splits. Which is very complicated.

You could try using the following
browser toolbar="yes" sideview="yes" folders="yes" infos="yes" effects="yes">

Change the yes to no and you hide that section. This was previously missing from the Wiki but was added yesterday. This makes it much easier to modify the browser appearance.

I've also requested a couple of other things that will hopefully appear in a future release.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 8:48 pm
That's exactly what I have done, Dan!

I'll post a pic as soon as I got the custom icons down!

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 9:23 pm
My "custom" browser ;)

Done with: customicons, and with : toolbars background, iconbackground and border in the browser section.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 11:14 am
Congratulations :-)

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 11:16 am
Thank you... and... thank YOU, Groovin' (and Dan and Babis) !!!

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 11:17 am
Looks nice - well done

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 11:44 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've added another property to the browser element which will be available in the next build; searchbar="no". This will allow you to remove the search bar from the file list (and thus create your own using <edit> elsewhere).

This gives you flexibility to create custom browsers to suit most situations without even needing to worry about <split> :)

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 3:37 pm
That's GREAT Scott!!!
(no pun intended LOL)

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 4:03 pm
Deejay Corny wrote :
GREAT Scott!!!

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 4:36 pm
Is the <edit> command documented anywhere?

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:03 pm
Not currently but....

<edit>
<pos x="0" y="0" width="0" height="0"/>
<colors background="#2E2E2E" border="#2E2E2E" selected="#2E2E2E" text="#2E2E2E" cursor="#2E2E2E" />
<fontsearch size="0"/>
</edit>

I think that covers it. Essentially it gives you only the search box.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:16 pm
Do we have "like icons" on this forum for posts you really like?
;)

P.S.: Does this code need to be inside the browser (or filelist) container, or can one make a panel with a search box elsewhere, while the results popup on the filelist/browser panel?

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:29 pm
It can be anywhere you like.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:35 pm
GREAT!!!

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 5:36 pm
Missing / at end of POS line

<edit>
<pos x="252" y="601" width="1413" height="49"/>
<colors background="transparent" border="transparent" selected="transparent" text="#00A600" cursor="transparent" />
<fontsearch size="24"/>
</edit>

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 6:43 pm
Apologies - i edited your post rather than quoting it - but answer above.

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 6:53 pm
86%