Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Strange Autogain bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I found something strange happening with the autogain.
I was prelistening and preparing some tracks, had the deck volume at 100%.
The next track loaded into the deck got a gain value of 12.48. At least, that is the number that was shown in the tooltip of the gain slider.
Next thing I did was jumping around in the track with goto+-4 action to listen to different parts of the track.

I then proceeded to load another track with the action "browser_scroll +1 & load & goto_pos 25% & play".
That is how I'm prelistening and loading tracks at the moment.
This new loaded track was heavily over-gained. Although the tooltip showed a reasonable value of 3.something.

You could also see it in the rhythm wave, it was just a big coloured rectangle and no "wave" as it should be.
Of course, that is because of the high gain value but... and that is the strange thing.
If I touche the volume slider of the deck and change the volume by just 1% everything reverts back to "normal".

I'm not sure if something is wrong with my gain values stored in the db for this two tracks.
I don't think so because I'm only using autogain, not autogain + remember.

I was able to reproduce that (during one VDJ session) multiple times with the same two tracks.
Later I'm going to give it another try. If it is reproduceable again, I'll send you the files.

Just curious if anyone else had something happening like that.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 12:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It looks like there may be a bug with "load & play" preventing the gain value to be updated, so the previous gain may still be in effect.
(The track was already playing, before it even started loading properly, and a playing track would not have it's gain automatically updated)

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 12:36 pm
Will this be fixed or do you still need the files?

Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 7:48 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, it will be fixed

Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 8:29 am
Perfect, thanks!

Posted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 9:48 am
Confirming the fix in the latest beta.
Thanks again.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 7:23 am
sorry to bring up this old thread....but will the fix work even if load priority is set to idle or low?

Posted Thu 22 Dec 16 @ 5:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)