Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Drag & Drop removal saga! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Sorry, by not free I didn't mean that we take payments to implement specific features, I meant that there is more involved in adding a feature than just implementing the feature itself.
Especially in this case, where enabling the feature (accidentally for example) could lead to non-intuitive and strange behavior if you do not know what is going on.

Hypothetically, that would mean you would not only have to pay me, but add to that ongoing costs for support, possibly even loss of customers who can't figure it out and don't contact support.

Anyway, we are aware of this request, and we do take it in consideration.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:28 pm
It has drag and drop but only in one direction! DJing was actually easier back in the day and simpler. VDJ offers something to a long time user and then take it away. What other software company has done that? Yes, everyone wants different things in the software because it wasn't available in the past. This feature was... I'm asking for something that was already available. Most of you out there work with two hands and arms so things like using the mouse with one hand to click on the song and clicking delete with the other hand is very quick. As most of you don't know I had a stroke about 3 years past and I am still here but many of my right side functions don't work anymore(Most of you try doing everything with your left hand, seriously and quickly). I only have one hand to work with when I'm DJing and I try to make the best of the situation. Any feature that can speed things up helps a hell of a lot in my case. Everyone that like the drag/removal have their reasons too, getting back to what I said earlier.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:42 pm
Frank, as you know, I am well aware of your situation.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:51 pm
Yes I know you are aware. Some people responding to my message aren't and that's ok. That's exactly why I said to SBDJ to stop talking about how some things are faster for him to do. His DJing is completely different than mine. I wanted to know why the company took it away. Just an FYI- typing this sentence I had to backspace about 12 times already as I type the wrong letter. It's not easy for me to explain but what my mind is thinking is not what comes out of my mouth the same way. As for my finger I have the similar problem. When I am DJing and I type a song I usually add a wrong letter which is fine I just back space a type the right one and it all works out. One of the many effects after a stroke and I deal with it the best I can. The mouse is an easier tool for me to use bottom line! I shouldn't have to get into all of this as all I asked was for an explanation why VDJ removed it and so many people requested it back. And I have never read a clear answer from VDJ company or I missed it. Now a CTO says that implementing it may cause other problems... Isn't that what Beta testing is for? I always do the latest updates for VDJ8 even if it says Beta. Don't tell me VDJ team doesn't do any internal testing of an option or added feature before they release a Beta? I wasn't born yesterday Adion?

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:14 pm
Frank, you are right. Everyone does not know about your challenges. I don't know if you are bringing in 100lb subs by yourself, but I would offer you the same help, if you had two working arms. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I treat DJs with physical limitations, the same as I treat everyone else. I don't know Adion, but the way he presents himself on the forum, I respect him, and seems like someone I would have an O'douls with. He has said he will consider it. I have never met SBDJ, but feel that I do know him. He is one of the guys that I respect a lot. Not just because he knows his shet, but because he is a nice guy. How do I know? I am not a nice guy, and know one when I see them. So don't let this little disagreement between the two of you, turn into something bigger. As for the drop and drag, I still don't see it, but as I said earlier, to each his own.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 4:19 pm
Hey "Man" I don't have anything against SBDJ and Adion. I respect them greatly. It's just the responses I got back from them weren't what I expect at the time. What I expected is a simple answer to a simple question and not how they or your personal feelings about something are. Yes, I did finally get a "We'll consider it". That answer was good enough for me. But when he tells me that it may screw other thing up, etc that doesn't need to be said to anyone. My day job for 15 years until 3 years ago was travelling around the world working with many DJ electronic manufactures in China, Japan, USA, Europe. I was also part of the Stanton team during the development of Final Scratch back in the day. I designed and sold copy rights for the original CD converter to Stanton to use FS with CD decks. I'm a certified electronic technician. It's hard to pass somethings over my head. I guess I take everything too personally. As for carrying 100lb subs. Not to sound sarcastic "Man" but do you really think I do physical things alone. I can't lift 25 lbs above my waist. My balance was damaged as well. Anyway, I would love to see the feature back in VDJ8 as it's useful for me. I'm not concerned about other DJs that don't need it. I do! And "Man" I have great respect for you too. Have a great day!

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 10:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)