Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Windows 10 Compatibility & Issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Today obviously marked the release of the new Windows 10 with free upgrades being provided for most users.

At this time we would advise you exercise caution before upgrading. Being a new OS release there are likely to be teething problems, driver issues and so on. If you do upgrade then please ensure you test thoroughly before attempting to use it live.

Note:

If you have upgraded and now find that VirtualDJ 8 will no longer open correctly please check in Device Manager (right click the start button and select Device Manager) to ensure that you have the correct display drivers installed and don't have a 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' under Display Adapters.

If you are having difficulty with installing the correct display adapter drivers then please contact your computer vendor or Microsoft support for assistance.

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 2:16 pm
Thanks Scott for the info, and the warning. I'll check it out on my backup machine first before I do my next wedding gig!
good advice, good service, and the best forum in the DJ world.
all the best
ray

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 3:15 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
best thing to do is uninstall vdj7/8 and reinstall after W10 has in stalled... thats the advise from microsft.
do that with all programs if you cbf (could be F@#KED)

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 6:56 am
I would only ever "upgrade" as a completely new install. History has proven that installing a new OS over another leads to nothing but problems.

As far as Windows 10 is concerned, any OS that allows itself to force system updates won't be going on any of my gig machines. What if it decided to put in a bad patch or even reboot when you're working?. No thanks Microsoft, a step too far this time ......

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 7:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1) yesterday without any problems.
You can still choose to have a notification before restarting to apply updates, and Windows 10 Pro even allows you to defer updates for several months completely, so no real issues there.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 8:03 am
Those people with OEM versions are on the home version where it is still a problem I believe?

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 8:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Even with the Home version restarting the pc can be postponed as before.
It's indeed not possible to block updates completely, but on the other hand, now that everyone can participate as 'insider' in beta's, updates will have been tested by a lot more people before non-insiders would get them.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 8:57 am
I installed it in 2 machines yesterday and boy I have to say I love it, from w7 to w10 the performance its amazing. No problems for me.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 9:34 am
I have been looking around blogs, forums and new and cannot find any specific reference to the use of Windows 10 and VDJ 7. Most articles talk about compatibility with v8, but I have not upgraded yet because I get 100% reliability from my v7.

Has anyone upgraded a machine to Windows 10 that was running VDJ 7, with no issues?

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 1:50 pm
Wait a minute. You are worried about the stability of version 8, but want to upgrade to Windows 10? You think that Win 10 is 100% stable, and you want to use it on your clients with version 7? Where is that logic coming from, because I don't see it. You are free to use whatever works for you, but how does that compute? There is a reason you don't see talk about version 7 and Windows 10. Most have moved on to version 8, because it is stable, and has been out over a year. It is as stable as version 7 to me. That's just my opinion, because all I use is version 8, and have forgotten about version 7. Just as I have forgotten about XP and Vista. I still have 7 on my desktop, and 8.1 on my gig laptop. I'm not in a hurry to got to 10, because what I'm using now is stable, and I have a responsibility to my paying clients.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 5:10 pm
Just so you all know there is a limited 30 day option on windows 10 to go back to your previous windows version under the recovery settings.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 6:16 pm
Can't believe why everyone is in such hurry to upgrade their OS. Update now and you'll actually downgrade OS.

For me, stability and reliability is everything. If I'm not forced to update to gain this, I will never update.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 5:16 am
np123PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Windows 10 and virtual dj 8 work grate. i had no issues. virtual dj bpm engine could do with an update. for mixing drum and bass. Thanks

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 9:46 am
Fellow DJs, it is my recommendation as both a computer technician AND a DJ that you wait, wait, wait before upgrading to Windows 10 for several reasons:

1) Windows 7 or 8.1 runs VDJ just fine
2) There are often 'bugs' in new operating systems that may not show up for you within the 30 day 'backout' timeframe to go back to Windows 7
And the best reason of all:
3) You have a FULL YEAR to use your 'free' upgrade... Yep, a FULL YEAR... You can upgrade anytime until July fo 2016

So, IMHO, it's best to wait at least 1-2 months until you upgrade - should be time enough to get all the major bugs fixed by MS as well as any possible 'fixes' you may have to do with other hardware and software...

No need to rush...

DJAlan

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 4:59 pm
i fixed this i have a video up on how to my build pc's and fix them . now 1st part of the video is very Important and i made this to help people i dont care about the views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPWMqPB5eA hope this helps .. i did a clean install had none of my dj apps opened before i found out what i did.

i would type it out but my typing suuuucks lolz

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 6:44 pm
4 gigs now done with Windows 10 final and VDJ 8. All flawless no problems.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 7:17 pm
I have no problem with it so far just did a gig with it yesterday

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 1:39 am
I found Smoother running VDJ 7 Pro with Win 10.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 2:50 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Adion wrote :

It's indeed not possible to block updates completely.

Not even sending m$ traffic home via hosts or hw firewall rules?

I for one won't updating, my machines are tuned for win 7 and v8, until v8 drops support of win 7 I see no reason to, by which time it will be time of a new machine anyway

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 6:22 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
locodog wrote :
Adion wrote :

It's indeed not possible to block updates completely.

Not even sending m$ traffic home via hosts or hw firewall rules?

I for one won't updating, my machines are tuned for win 7 and v8, until v8 drops support of win 7 I see no reason to, by which time it will be time of a new machine anyway

It is possible... But you'll need the Enterprise Edition.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 7:24 am
23%