Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: A little mystery to be solved: group, deck and panel blocks in vdjscript 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, so I delved into the new vdjscript 8 to learn the differences with vdjscript7, and the first thing I noticed was that now it is possible to join elements together inside a "group" block:
<group name="...">
</group>

or a "deck" block:
<deck deck="...">
</deck>

which is very handy (not having to write the "deck" or "group" name in each element anymore), and logical from a scripting structural point of view.

The panel element, however, was still described in the old way (i.e. VDJ7) in the SDK info, in the sense of having to declare the panel="..." inside each element to have it belong to a certain panel, which I interpret as it NOT being possible by simply placing it INSIDE a panel declaration:
<panel name="...">
</panel>

It doesn't seem very logical to make this possible with the "group" and "deck" elements, but not with the "panel" element... Or ist the SDK poorly written and am I in error with my assumption and is it possible to place elements inside a panel declaration?

Can anyone with sufficient knowledge clear this little mystery up?

P.S.: Sorry if this is not the correct place for this post, but I really don't know where to put it. I got warned once, when I put a vdjscript post in the skin section, that that was not the right place (while I thought it was the most appropriate place)...

Also: I'd be grateful if any of the moderators could correct the title (it should read: mystery, not misery) LOL

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 6:01 am
Any vdjscript8 savy forum members?

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 2:36 pm
Apologies - i wrote a reply earlier and changed the thread title for you from my phone but apparently the post, didn't post.

You can do the same thing with <panel...> as you can with group and deck.
I will look at adding this to the Wiki.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 3:45 pm
THANK YOU for this good news!
Now I can continue writing my first VDJ8 skin.
Topic closed, I guess...
:)

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 4:22 pm
@ any of the moderators:
DJDAD explained to me that posts about skins and vdjscript should go in the skinning forum.
Please, feel free to move this post there.
I apologize for posting in the wrong section.

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 3:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)