Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mirrored Disco Balls Made Easy?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been building up my lights lately and I'm wondering if I should get a mirrored disco ball setup with a pinspot(s). I like the many pinpoint beams of light that such a setup can throw, and I haven't found a good LED substitute that can do that well. I just got the Chauvet Hemisphere 5, which is a nice light but the beams don't stay even close to pinpoint past 10 feet or so. I want a pinpoint "starry night" effect mostly for slow songs. For that purpose, I've read that motor speed for a mirrored ball should be just 1 or 2 RPM at most.

But I hear complaints that setting up a good mirrored ball effect with pinspots and the motor can be a pain. I am trying to keep my lights within hailing distance of simple and easy too setup, if that's possible. (Btw, I have a truss setup with two T bars.)

I like pinpoint lighting from lasers, but I haven't seen a laser light unit that shoots out lots of beams in all directions, or at least upwards.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome!

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 7:35 pm
nishguyHome userMember since 2005
Get 1 or 2 laser light effects that shoot multiple beams and try to bounce those beams off of a mirror ball. But they would look better with a haze in the room. Most places where I am from won't allow fog or haze machines indoors. Good luck!!

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 10:07 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
phdjdoug wrote :

I like pinpoint lighting from lasers, but I haven't seen a laser light unit that shoots out lots of beams in all directions, or at least upwards.

Maybe this unit could fit your needs

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 1:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)