Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [UPDATE] Numark Orbit

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As of builds ending at .1015 (or higher) the Numark Orbit has an updated mapper.

Operation Guide : http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Numark%20Orbit%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

The main change in this update is the RGB Leds. They are defined in a different way, so most likely your custom mappings will not work.
The Leds now need a constant 'text' action where text can be one of the predefined colors in Version 8 (e.g. red, green, blue, white, orange etc) or #hmtl color code.

The Wheel is also offering now 3 different keys (one as Jog, one as knob and one as encoder) and a way to change the behavior from the ONINIT (details in the Operation Guide)

Note : Whatever changes you do in the Orbit Editor will not apply in VirtualDJ (loads a pre-defined settings profile)

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 3:09 pm
Hello,
Can you show us an example of how a new script or map should be written for the RGB or specific L.E.D. Color?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Eddie

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 11:56 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
So, I dusted off my Orbit to be used as an effect and sample controller.
I'm having some issues with the submode functions on the default mapping, build 2345, V8 but by Fruit (Main 2 -4) skin.
I am running in timecode mode with CDJ's and I am also using my Dennon HC100S.
Pressing Pad Bank 1 got me into Hot Cue mode, pressing it again does nothing. It did not go into transport mode.
Pressing Pad Bank 2 would not go into slicer mode
Pressing Pad Bank 3 would not go into effects mode.

Auto loop mode and slicer mode work as expected, I just can't get into the submodes.
I tried controller Init, Refresh, and Rescan. I'm going to try a restart next and more troubleshooting.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 7:59 pm
DjEddieA510 wrote :
Hello,
Can you show us an example of how a new script or map should be written for the RGB or specific L.E.D. Color?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Eddie

I have created a Wiki page : Wiki-->VDJ Script-->Examples of VDJScript actions-->RGB Leds

Hope this helps.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 7:46 am
Hello

I can't get the Accelerometer feature to work. It works visually (the LED's change) but the effects doesnt' change (and the effect knobs don't move on the skin, if they were supposed to do that). It works when using the middle knob on the controller instead of the Accelerometer

Any ideas?

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 5:49 am
You are right. Somehow we missed that.
Fixed in builds ending at .1026 (or higher)

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 7:17 am
djdad wrote :
You are right. Somehow we missed that.
Fixed in builds ending at .1026 (or higher)

Cool. Thank you :)
/Klaus

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 7:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)