Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Font Size

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using VDJ8 Build 2325.995 the clock on the top left of the screen (right next to the Virtual DJ banner) is so small I can not read it. I have found no way to enlarge it to be readable. Is there a way to enlarge it on the next update?

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 4:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Skinning issue, the answer has been posted several times, search.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 5:56 pm
I researched and found the solution. I could not implement the solution however. Upon going into the skins VDJ8 4 Deck XML file, I do not get the script where I can change anything. I get a written summary of what is there. The other XML files in the skins display the written summary appears but then changes to a script where I can change the values.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 7:50 pm
<group name="clock" x="200" y="12">
<visual>
<pos x="+0" y="+0"/>
<size width="56+10" height="24"/>
<off x="355+30" y="1312"/>
</visual>
<textzone>
<pos x="+5" y="+1"/>
<size width="56" height="22"/>
<tooltip>CLOCK\n Click to toggle between 24hour clock and am/pm</tooltip>
<text size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" format="%fullhour"/>
<text2 size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" format="%hour12"/>
<text3 size="16" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" format="%counter"/>
</textzone>
</group>

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 10:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
fallguy66 wrote :
I researched and found the solution. I could not implement the solution however. Upon going into the skins VDJ8 4 Deck XML file, I do not get the script where I can change anything. I get a written summary of what is there. The other XML files in the skins display the written summary appears but then changes to a script where I can change the values.

What are you using to open the XML files? I recoomend notepad++ (not Microsofts notepad)
I do not know how limited skins are for home users however.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 12:29 am
No limits for skinning as a NLU, that's just for LE.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 12:57 am
The script you posted is what I get if I open the xml file fir vdj7 files. When I try to open the VDJ8 files I get :

(c)2014 - Atomix Productions Hot Cue Hot Cue Hot Cue Hot Cue DOCK SELECTED EFFECT CLOCK\n Click to toggle between 24hour clock and am/pm System CPU use (all software running right now) MOUSE MODE\n Optimize interface for use with a mouse TABLET MODE\n Optimize interface for use with a touchscreen tablet Downbeat Beat 2 Beat 3 Beat 4 Downbeat Beat 2 Beat 3 Beat 4 Downbeat Beat 2 Beat 3 Beat 4 Downbeat Beat 2 Beat 3 Beat 4 Phrase indicator s Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator Phrase indicator CHOOSE WAVEFORM \n Select waveform layout Limiter SETTINGS\n Change configurations for VirtualDJ MINIMIZE\n Minimize the software MAXIMIZE\n Toggle between large view, full screen view CLOSE\n Close VirtualDJ CLOSE\n Close VirtualDJ MINIMIZE\n Minimize the software MAXIMIZE\n Toggle between large view, full screen view SETTINGS\n Change configurations for VirtualDJ Scratch or Nudge\n Use the VINYL button to toggle mode

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 2:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
When I open any of the xml files with a proper editor after axtracing them from the zip, it is laid out in code.
If I try to just dubble click and open the file, it opens with Internet Explorer and I get what you posted above.
As I asked above, what program are you trying to open it with.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 6:14 pm
You were right; it was opening in internet explorer. I changed the default to note pad and got the page I needed. Now I will attempt to change the clock size!!
Thanks

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 9:29 pm
Finally changed the clock size. I could not save my changes but figured out, after an hour, that I had to unzip the file, make the change in the unzipped file and then copy and paste the changes into the zip file.
Being a child that was born when Harry Truman was president I find this new world challenging!
Thanks for the help!!!

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 11:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)