Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Pro 7 serious problem --- glitches/freezes/stops/pauses - Driving me mad!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So i'm using Virtual DJ Pro 7.4.2 as i can't stand version 8 (i will not be upgrading to it)

I have a Macbook with OS X 10.9.5 & I use a Hercules MK4 console

I DJ 4 nights a week & at least twice a night, randomly the music will stop for 2 or 3 seconds, glitch for about a second & then come back on. It's like it stops & then tries to catch up with itself.

This is a serious issue for me, as it's highly embarrassing & gut-wrenching every time it happens, especially with a busy dance floor, not to mention unprofessional. It's got to the point where i actually dread it getting busy.

Things i've tried:

- Replacing the USB cable
- Replacing the hard drive
- Updating the Hercules firmware / drivers
- Updating the OS X
- Using a different USB port
- Uninstalling & reinstalling VirtuaL DJ 7
- Only running Virtual DJ with nothing in the background

This needs to be fixed otherwise i want a refund, as it's just like buying a car with dodgy brakes

Please help.. thanks! :)

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 5:52 pm
I have MacBook Pro and the Hercules mk4 Vdj7 works ok for me on the Mac OS It does work better on windows (Have my Mac boot camped ) I know you said you don't want to upgrade but vdj 8 works much better on Mac I believe it runs in 64bit vs 32 with 7 When I used V7 and the mk4 I never had issues like you're describing Maybe something was changed in 7.4.2 Although you may not like V8 maybe you should try for a night see if you have the same issues then you can rule out the software

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 9:33 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Upgrading to Virtual DJ 8 is not an option for me as i've already tried it & hated it. I see this is a problem that occurs in version 8 anyway.

Do you know if i can downgrade to an earlier version of 7?

I've just tried repairing permissions on my hard drive so will see if that works on Friday night.. fingers crossed!

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 9:45 pm
Ok, so i tried repairing permissions & optimising my mac, as outlined by the guide on the website & tonight already it's happened, so no luck.

Can someone from Virtual DJ get in contact so i can sort this issue out

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 3:50 pm
You can boot camp your Mac, install windows and run Vdj 7 It will run flawlessly

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 6:02 am
Sounds like an issue with the drivers for your console rather than the software.

Version 8 is painless by the way, and not that different at all.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 2:32 pm
Rather than just say you "can't stand" VDJ 8 or you "hate it", can you actually provide a reason?

What is it about 8 that grates with you so much?

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 3:36 pm
Thanks for the suggestions but i shouldn't have to boot camp my mac & run windows just for it to run flawlessly, it should just run flawlessly on what i'm using.

Neither should i have to upgrade to version 8, which i hate (the reasons are irrelevant).

I choose to use version 7.4.2 & would like to be able to use that version without it pausing & glitching all the time.

I've updated the firmware for my Hercules MK4 console but unfortunately that didn't work :(

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 2:50 pm
No you shouldn't have to do a lot of things However , if you're wanting the best performance out of VDJ 7 run it in windows..... Rock solid, no issues, more plug ins..... It will run in osx, You may have to make sure nothing else is running , but honestly, it just runs better in windows

V8 will run in osx or windows all day long without issue...

Sorry it may not be what you want to hear
Not sure what you have against V8, to most of us it sounds better, works better and is more customizable than 7

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 9:07 pm
Firstly i don't have Windows & will not be paying for Windows just to be able to run Virtual DJ smoothly. That completely defeats the object.

I stated in my original post (in bold) that i wouldn't be upgrading, so please only reply if you have an answer to my issue

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 9:49 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 6:59 am
That's awesome. thanks, will have a look at that

Posted Wed 20 May 15 @ 5:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)