Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Quality Skins - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think the problem here is that the guys compaining don't actually know why VDJ looks "unprofessional" and Trakrato looks "professional"...

It seems to me that rather than having an opinion of their own, they're merely repeating parrot fashion what they've read elsewhere or heard from the DJ who works in the local bar. :-)

Posted Thu 21 May 15 @ 1:35 pm
groovindj wrote :
I think the problem here is that the guys compaining don't actually know why VDJ looks "unprofessional" and Trakrato looks "professional"...

It seems to me that rather than having an opinion of their own, they're merely repeating parrot fashion what they've read elsewhere or heard from the DJ who works in the local bar. :-)

That's not what I'm referring to at all, I personally just feel that the skins on VDJ (especially 8) aren't up to par with what VDJ tries to promote, yet they allow them to be downloaded to customers. Really the skins should be up to par with the quality of the default skin (regarding bugs, not look) and unfortunately this is not the case.

A prime example would be the DDJSX skin that DJdad released.. It's lacking features as has been asked in the release thread (which have not been replied too in a very long time, and when they were, it was that a new version was coming, around 10 months ago...), it also doesn't have the VDJ flagship sandbox mode built in which seems like it in itself makes the skin unfit for release, but it is anyway.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the work people do, because I most certainly do, however some pride in the work that is being done which comes down to a little maintenance wouldn't go astray and could potentially be the difference between a DJ software that offers it all vs a DJ software that doesn't.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 7:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Of course it doesn't have sandbox built in you fool, sandbox is only supported with HW that takes a master & headphones out.
What's your next criticism? because that one doesn't stand.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 9:22 am
Er, sorry to extinquish your pyrotechnics with a liitle bladder content - but page 4 of the SX setup guide for VDJ shows the "pre-defined audio setup" as being master/headphones.

:-)

Granted though, the SX has a four channel mixer and so is best used with a four deck skin - meaning that Sandbox is pretty pointless.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 12:28 pm
Sandbox is pretty pointless anyway ......

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 12:30 pm
Well the point stands, (*kicks feet at the floor mumbling*)

You can sandbox with 4 deck skins all it takes is one custom button/ command "sandbox"

Yeah I don't get sandbox either it seems like a beginners selling point, if I wanted it (which I don't) I'd fully clone (eq key fx etc) all existing decks to invisible decks, then have the previous existing decks on pfl with f @0% avoid all the qualifiers needed to sandbox but even then I wouldn't use it.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 15 @ 1:51 pm
locodog wrote :
Of course it doesn't have sandbox built in you fool, sandbox is only supported with HW that takes a master & headphones out.
What's your next criticism? because that one doesn't stand.

Yeah you're the fool actually. You might as well delete your account because you don't know anything, clearly..

And I don't want sandbox, it's absolutely pointless, but VDJ 8 has a sandbox feature which can't be accessed on the skin but it was allowed to be released in the download section.

What smartarse comment do you have now? But please research before you post anymore stupid nonsense you buffoon.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 3:21 am
Can you imagine a skin that has every single feature in it?

It would be a mess. If the skin developer chose not to include Sandbox then that is their choice. And if you don't use it then I don't understand why there is an issue.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 3:53 am

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 4:20 am
NathanPS wrote :
I don't want sandbox, it's absolutely pointless

Then why raise that in your post, calling it "flagship" and claiming that it makes the skin unfit for release? Not a very good example to use...

In this thread you've been asked (by staff) to give examples of the skins which you claim are buggy.

You've also been asked what your point is (after you told PhantomDeejay he was "missing the entire point").

Please explain your point clearly and specify which skins have bugs - and what the bugs are. Then they can be addressed.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 5:14 am
I don't think it's the skin, there are a lot of beautiful skins you can download. And you can use the skin you like: minimalistic, or looking as a 80's technics setup.. name it, and you can find it.
But maybe VDJ needs a very good graphical designer to create a complete housestyle, and a team that always follows that style. Now I see a beautiful, modern logo on the facebookpage. But on the website I see again the oldfashioned logo (VIRTUALDJ, black and white). The new timecode has also that label, but a little variation with a black box around virtualdj on the cover.
Stick to one style, one label and design everything in the same style.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 4:47 am
Just take a look at VDJ when opening. I use the skin by DennYo. Very good skin! Once opened a very professional look on my Macbook.
But: the icon of VDJ on my mac: again something else. The logo on a red vinyl-cover and a half black vinyl. Why not the same logo as on facebook?
When opening, no waiting-screen with the logo, just nothing. Upper left: the oldfashioned logo. If you change the skin: again the vinyl-logo in a worse resolution.
The program is very good, but you are not thinking that you are starting something new, something special...
Atomix Power room 4: no logo on the lower right as in 2 and 3, but again in the middle the oldfashioned logo. Timecoded vinyl: looks so 80's.. Why not white vinyl, with the white on red logo you use on facebook big in the middle?
Introduce a waiting screen when opening VDJ.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 10:24 am
No point even trying here.. Obviously you guys are going to defend it, but we all know it's not right. Oh well, I don't really care.. Not my product.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 8:29 am
NathanPS wrote :
we all know it's not right.

We all know? I doubt you've asked everybody. :-)

As a percentage, it's really only a tiny number of users that have an issue - apparently with every single VDJ skin that's ever been made.

"They're not professional. We want a professional one." In most cases translate that to "I want it to look like Traktor or Serato DJ".

There are even 'Trakrato' skins around on the web, if you really must disguise the fact you're using VDJ. That's often what's behind these requests.

When asked, the complainers rarely come forward with a description of what's actually wrong with the VDJ skins, or what it is they need in a "professional" one.

BTW you still haven't stated which skins you've found with bugs, and what the bugs are. If you want them fixed, you need to speak up!

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 9:02 am
NathanPS wrote :
No point even trying here.. Obviously you guys are going to defend it, but we all know it's not right. Oh well, I don't really care.. Not my product.

I suppose suggesting that you make your own skin would be greeted with
"I don't have time, it should be right in the first place"

Skins are and always will be personal preference. I have no issue with someone not liking any of my skins- personal preference.

If you have suggestions then please post.

As Groovin said - the ones you have found "bugs" in. Please let's us know so we can address the issues.

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 12:46 pm
groovindj wrote :
NathanPS wrote :
we all know it's not right.

We all know? I doubt you've asked everybody. :-)

As a percentage, it's really only a tiny number of users that have an issue - apparently with every single VDJ skin that's ever been made.

"They're not professional. We want a professional one." In most cases translate that to "I want it to look like Traktor or Serato DJ".

There are even 'Trakrato' skins around on the web, if you really must disguise the fact you're using VDJ. That's often what's behind these requests.

When asked, the complainers rarely come forward with a description of what's actually wrong with the VDJ skins, or what it is they need in a "professional" one.

BTW you still haven't stated which skins you've found with bugs, and what the bugs are. If you want them fixed, you need to speak up!

I actually have, however apparently it's not enough of a bug to justify. Well according to some of the people in this thread, anyway as I said, not my software.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 7:37 am
NathanPS wrote :

I actually have

[goes back over thread with fine tooth comb] OK so you're either talking about the SX skin not having sandbox (which isn't a bug) or the 'skin builder' skin...

It's not the 'skin builder' skin which is buggy. It's been written correctly.

The issue is with some of the more obscure 'behind the scenes' code in VDJ 8 itself. Functions/features that are non essential in everyday use for 99.9% of users. They're still present because Atomix give priority to show stopping bugs - which surely is what you would want.

When the skin builder was released, it was clearly stated by djdad that it was a beta, and why.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 8:19 am
virtual3.1 can connect two voice cards thnx

Posted Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 4:37 pm
Please do not hijack topics by posting a message or question that is not related in any way.

Your post has nothing to do with quality skins, which this topic is about.

Please open your own new topic by clicking on the paper (+) icon at the top of the main forum topic list page.

Also, VirtualDJ v3.1 is a very old version of the software. You should consider upgrading to the latest VirtualDJ v8 or at least to v7.6

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 3:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)