Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Will tThis Ever Be Fixed...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Will we ever get an answer to this question... are you going to fix this or not? Blank monitor screens on left and right deck when playing audio only files.

V8 has been under construction and beta through to release for some years now and for the hell of me I cannot understand why such a basic function is continually overlooked for less important functions to the build. No other software that I know of has this inadequacie for it's video outputs.

Why was it even allowed to be implemented in the first place, all other builds down over from v7 have functioned perfectly always showing an effect on both decks so why change.

Will someone have the bottle to come out and say it's staying like that so forget about it and get used to what you got, or come out and tell us "we are going to drop everything and get it sorted"... lol.

I hate to ever be negative on the forums but the video sampler in it's present form for what we were lead to believe many years ago, we would be getting is a total disappointment, it does have a couple of plus points but not enough to give up V7 to move to V8.

Also not for the first time I've mentioned the reinstatement of clipbank and a few months back I thought there was some encouraging signals coming through on that front, but once again more disappointment.

Would you at the very least reinstate clipbank or a superior new model of it and fix those damned blank screens, fixing the blank monitors would at least get me back to using V8 that's all we ask.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 10:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's due to the way the effect system works - the audio only visualisation is a plugin, and that plugin is active on the master deck at that time. Because it's not active on the other decks, it's not visible.

You could always change the skin so that if the audio only visualisation is active on the master (ie neither left not right decks have video) then both deck video displays switch to display the master too, thus giving you no blank spaces.

There are no plans to bring back the clipbank AFAIK - the only thing I can see that you can't do now is select a sample bank for a visualisation like you could with clipbank. Although Slideshow does allow you to use a folder of video clips (thus eliminating the need for Random Clipbank) and there are 3rd party addons available too.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 11:01 am
Oh Christ, so it's not going to be fixed, worst news ever... thing is, Dan was gracious enough to give up his time and made me a custom skin which is absolutely perfect for what I do.

Which skins could you suggest that I can check out that will correct and work with V8.

Or how can I get the skin Dan produced to work the way audio only visualisations worked in v7

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 11:16 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I suspect you'll need to wrap the deck video displays into panels, duplicate the panel with a master video display and then set the visibility of the relevant panels according to whether a video is loaded on both left and right decks.

So at the moment, you'll have something like

<video x="+0" y="+0" source="channel" chan="left">
<size width="110" height="61"/>
</video>

Which would then have to be changed to something like:

<panel name="leftpreview" visibility="deck left is_video ? on : deck right is_video ? on : off">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="master">
</video>
</panel>
<panel name="leftmaster" visibility="deck left is_video ? off : deck right is_video ? off : on">
<video x="+0" y="+0" source="channel" chan="left">
</video>
</panel>

The visibility scripts may need some tweaks, I haven't actually tested them. Worth speaking to Dan to see if he can help you out with this I think.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 11:23 am
Haha, he's probably switched off Skype by now, lol, is yours still on... rofl

Posted Thu 30 Apr 15 @ 11:27 am
I'll have a look. It's easy enough to do as have implemented in my new skin that I never seem to have time to finish.

I'll add some code and rid you of blank screens.

Posted Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:45 am
You are a star mate.... thank you so much.

Posted Wed 06 May 15 @ 9:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)