Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Add loop to sampler

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a command to add the current loop to the sampler? I posted about this a while ago. Checking in.

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 7:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
sampler_rec
The REC button in the Extended Loops view of the 2 Decks default skin has the same action too.
The recorded Sample will be automatically saved in the Recordings Folder of Sampler (and Browser will focus this folder as well). Then drag this sample and drop to a Sampler Bank, if you wish to keep it.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 2:56 am
That I get. Was hoping to avoid the dragging part. Like an add to sidelist/automix command.

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 2:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Aren't we all,

I send my desired loop to decks 3 / 4 doing a more indepth clone (clones level, filter, key, bass kill) with script.
Maybe that's a solution if you're just wanting OTF sample looping.

Posted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 8:44 pm
What is the script for that? Willing to share?

Posted Tue 05 May 15 @ 1:19 am
Yeah sure, It's pretty straight forward, it sets variables from the origin deck and sets the clone to the variables,
If you don't want to unload, just change "unload" to "nothing"

device_side 1 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 loop 8 & set '$D1lvl' '`deck 1 volume' & get_var '$D1lvl' & param_cast & deck 3 level & set '$D1fil' '`deck 1 filter' & get_var '$D1fil' & param_cast & deck 3 filter & deck 3 effect_disable_all & deck 1 eq_kill_low ? deck 3 eq_kill_low & deck 1 unload : deck 1 unload : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & deck 4 loop 8 & set '$D2lvl' '`deck 2 volume' & get_var '$D2lvl' & param_cast & deck 4 level & set '$D2fil' '`deck 2 filter' & get_var '$D2fil' & param_cast & deck 4 filter & deck 4 effect_disable_all & deck 2 eq_kill_low ? deck 4 eq_kill_low & deck 2 unload : deck 2 unload

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 5:34 am
hei!! i have VDJ8. i downloaded free trial but i can't open the sampler,or effects or record folders, i mean the ones above search window
can anyone help or give any suggestion of how i can fix it!!?+ thx in advance

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 8:21 am
Is there a way to clone the lop if it's not 8 beats?
Am I missing something about which deck it clones?

Sorry for all the questions! I really appreciate the help and try to contribute my own solutions when I can. I am by far a novice at mapping though!!!

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 11:05 pm
device_side 1 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 3 loop 8 & set '$D1lvl' '`deck 1 level' & get_var '$D1lvl' & param_cast & deck 3 level & set '$D1fil' '`deck 1 filter' & get_var '$D1fil' & param_cast & deck 3 filter & deck 3 effect_disable_all & deck 1 eq_kill_low ? deck 3 eq_kill_low & deck 1 unload : deck 1 unload : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & deck 4 loop 8 & set '$D2lvl' '`deck 2 level' & get_var '$D2lvl' & param_cast & deck 4 level & set '$D2fil' '`deck 2 filter' & get_var '$D2fil' & param_cast & deck 4 filter & deck 4 effect_disable_all & deck 2 eq_kill_low ? deck 4 eq_kill_low & deck 2 unload : deck 2 unload

I'm sure there's a way to take the loop length of A or B and apply it to the clone but I can't think just now.
Cloning to invisible decks causes minor problems (how do you stop it? etc), but it can be scripted round pretty easy, what is your HW?

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 11:48 pm
I worded that poorly. Is there a way to clone the active loop if it is not 8 beats?
Invisible decks? Explain...

MC6000, Dicers, X1mk2 for loops and effects. F1, and X1 for video effects and transitions. See photos.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 11:57 pm
Ah ok you have 4 deck control, I didn't know. Invisible decks, not important since you have 4 deck control but you don't need to see a deck on the skin to clone to it, invisible decks leads to interesting things.

As for the other question I'll get back to you, brain isn't working.

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 12:45 am
Take your time! Just happy to be making progress.

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 12:55 am
Brain kicked in, learnt something myself too (thinned down unneeded bits). this will take whatever the default loop is, if a loop is active you'll have to hit the button at the start of the loop but if a loop isn't active it will start the loop instantly.

device_side 1 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 1 get_loop & param_cast & deck 3 loop & deck 1 level & param_cast & deck 3 level & deck 1 filter & param_cast & deck 3 filter & deck 3 effect_disable_all & deck 1 eq_kill_low ? deck 3 eq_kill_low & deck 1 unload : deck 1 unload : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & deck 2 get_loop & param_cast & deck 4 loop & set deck 2 level & param_cast & deck 4 level & deck 2 filter & param_cast & deck 4 filter & deck 4 effect_disable_all & deck 2 eq_kill_low ? deck 4 eq_kill_low & deck 2 unload : deck 2 unload

It might need more tweaking but if you explain we can work it out.

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 1:17 am
Awesome. Will try when I have the kit set back up. Thanks so much for the help.

Posted some other mapping questions. Maybe you have some ideas there...

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 1:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)