Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Are You Able To Close The Video Automatically Window After Video Playback Finishes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Do you know if its possible to close the video playback window automatically after the video playback ends. The reason I want to to do this is I use some visualisation software for when I am just playing MP3s and at the moment have to remember to select the relevant window.

Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 5:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You could put this on a custom button:

repeat_start 'closevideowindow' 1000ms & deck left is_video ? nothing : deck right is_video ? nothing: video_output off

Once you press that button, then it will automatically check every 1000ms (1 second) if a video is loaded on the left or right deck, and if not then it will shut the video output off.

Build 2174 or later required.

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 7:58 pm
Thanks I'll give ti a go

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 3:15 am
Unfortunately this does not appear to work, the video window does not close and the button does not stay lit.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 3:51 am
I think SBDJ left a space out -> nothing: video_output off

It probably should be -> nothing : video_output off

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 4:53 am
Thanks bud, I've managed to get it working on one deck but as soon as I increase the argument what was showing on the right deck moves to another deck. Whats even stranger is what is showing on the left deck is now also showing on the right deck and they play at the same time. fundamentally they appear to be the same deck as the play button operates both as do all the other buttons.

Is there anyway of just using the argument for the active deck (I've tried get_activedeck).

Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 6:01 am
This is what I have that works fine on one deck
repeat_start 'closevideowindow' 250ms & leftdeck & is_video ? video_output on : video_output off

But as soon as I increase it to the following this is when I have the issues stated above and then the video window does not close
repeat_start 'closevideowindow' 250ms & leftdeck & is_video ? Nothing : rightdeck & is_video ? Nothing : video_output off

I'm thinking maybe a true or false statement isnt the right thing to use - is there such a thing as an or statement to achieve the result required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks all.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 6:25 am
Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work on both decks in autoplay mode - see the above post for the issues I am seeing

Thanks in advance

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 3:20 pm
Any ideas anyone

Posted Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 12:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)