Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin with custom browser?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Are in the VDJ download section some skins with working custom browser? I remember that there was one skin (with browser zoom ?), but can't find him now....

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 11:08 am
I think djtouchdan's Browser Zoom skin was the first, followed by the FRUiT skin (which borrowed dan's browser).

The right click browser zoom is the custom one. It has the main file browser, with four smaller fixed windows below.

Be aware that a bug still remains which prevents some elements being redrawn when switching views.

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 11:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
groovindj wrote :
Be aware that a bug still remains which prevents some elements being redrawn when switching views.

such as ?

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 7:42 pm
For example, on djtouchdan's Browser Zoom skin. The custom browser (right click on the browser zoom button) shows the problem in the sideview panel (bottom right).

Use any of the sideview toolbar buttons to switch between sidelist/sampler/automix/karaoke or use the sideview_triggerpad button.

The view does not change. Sometimes you will get lucky and it will work, but mostly not.

As soon as the skin is refreshed (load_skin or resized by dragging) then the view updates.

Switching filelist between list and grid in custom browsers has the same problem, along with using <sidelist> (as mentioned in PM).

Same with the prelisten bar in the info window:

Notice the option to show the bar is off but the bar remains.

Oh and finally, sometimes custom browser elements do not fit into their assigned space correctly - see first picture by asthedj on page 21 of the FRUiT skin thread

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 3:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Custom browsers and multiple Browser views are 2 different things though. I have no issues here when switching from one view to the other.
Custom browsers (with <split>s) are indeed a little buggy atm, mostly refreshing issues. Will gather all the info and report back to the Team.

PS. I had no time to look into the code of the mentioned skins, but just for your tests i have send you a link via PM with a custom skin to see that the multiple browser views work fine.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 1:19 pm
Dan can back me up on what I've said so far. He's the one who posted those first two images.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 1:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)