Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: History Converter - Page: 1
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Tue 17 Feb 15 @ 3:24 am
TIP:

After selecting a history file in the drop down box, just hover with the mouse over that box and you will get a tooltip showing the content of that file.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 10:24 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I like it.

In CSV format, is it possible?
- to add the header name
- to add an option to convert UTF-8 into UTF-16 (because my Excel doesn't seem to recognize UTF-8)

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 1:54 pm
Thank you.

Header should be no problem.
What Excel version do you use?
I think an option to choose the format should be possible but I have to try.

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 2:11 pm
Excel 2007 on this computer

You can use:

wchar_t YourNewText[1024];
int ANSI_len1 = (int) strlen(your_text) + 1;
MultiByteToWideChar( CP_ACP, 0, your_text, ANSI_len1, YourNewText, 1024 );

CP_ACP or CP_UTF8 should work

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 5:43 pm
An update is pending.

It'll include the following:

- minor bug fixes
- added possibility to choose between different xml encodings
- added csv header
- added possibility to choose additional info fields like bpm, playcount... from the database.

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 4:07 pm
Das ist super :-)

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 7:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
not very familiar with csv, but shouldnt the csv file (when opened with Excel) provide ready-made columns ? I can see the ; separators, but from memory when a csv file is opened, columns should be auto-created.

Here is a short example of what i get
Artist;Title;Track;BPM;PlayCount;LastPlayTime;Time;FileSize;Path
;;Jason Derulo Ft. Snoop Dogg - Wiggle (Radio Edit).wav;81.99;35;3/5/2015 11:30:25 AM;11:30;32.39;C:\Users\Babis\Desktop\NewHits2014\Jason Derulo Ft. Snoop Dogg - Wiggle (Radio Edit).wav

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 10:50 pm
@DJCel:

Is it working for you now with UTF-16?

@DJDad:

Yes, that is the idea... Maybe it's an excel option to define the separator?

That is what I get if I open the csv or xml file with excel

This one is CSV format:

This is XML format:

And that is what the CSV data looks in plain text. You see, it just looks like your string above.

Artist;Title;Track;BPM;PlayCount;LastPlayTime;Time;FileSize;Path
;;Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller_(Mix_Widit_Edit)_[DTVideos].mp4;119,24;;01.11.2014 13:35:18;13:35;100,64;M:\Musik\Videos\nicht sortiert\2014.08.25 Videos\Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller_(Mix_Widit_Edit)_[DTVideos].mp4
;;Movie Soundtracks-Ghostbusters - Theme.mp3;115,66;2;01.11.2014 13:35:45;13:35;3,72;M:\Musik\Oldies & Party\Kinderlieder\Movie Soundtracks-Ghostbusters - Theme.mp3
;;Jason Derulo ft 2 Chainz - Talk Dirty (Dirty) (Extended) (HD).mp4;100,49;18;01.11.2014 13:43:59;13:43;121,22;M:\Musik\Videos\nicht sortiert\2014.01.31 Videos\Jason Derulo ft 2 Chainz - Talk Dirty (Dirty) (Extended) (HD).mp4
;;Pitbull ft John Ryan - Fireball (RS) (Clean) (Extended) (HD).mp4;123;1;01.11.2014 14:27:38;14:27;183,39;M:\Musik\Videos\nicht sortiert\2014.09.20 Videos\Pitbull ft John Ryan - Fireball (RS) (Clean) (Extended) (HD).mp4

Even if I create a new csv with your string by hand, it opens up correct in Excel...

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 3:31 am
Okay, seems that is indeed a Excel delimiter issue.
Different Windows versions (e.g. American or European versions) use differen delimiters for CSV.

I'll provide an update that will tell Excel to use the ; as delimiter.
I'll also include a small bugfix for the database fields. Currently it doesn't take into account if you some fields are not checked.

EDIT: Update pending...

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 5:39 am
Ok, the new version properly displays the Columns when i launch the CSV with Excel.

there are a couple of issues still...
1. Once a History file is converted, and then choose a different one, it still has the old name in the new Window that pops up to ask me where to save it. I always have to rename it in order not to overwrite the previous one.
2. In CSV export, it seems that Artist and title dont pass. I have both of them checked (actually all of them are). Track Column, BPM and Play count are OK. Only Artist and Title are empty (exactly as the pic you have posted above)
3. If i choose to export in XML, and open the file with Excel, then i get some duplicate Columns. E.g. i get /Song/BPM/#agg and /Song/BPM filled with the same data

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 9:52 pm
Will fix No. 1.

No 2 depends on the database values for Author and Title. If there is no data in the database, no data will be in the CSV / Excel.
It doesn't matter if you check CSV or XML. The function that collects the database values is the same for both.
But I will check that too.

No. 3: Could you provide a screenshot of that? Never saw it happen here and I'm note quite sure if I understand you.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 2:02 pm
I love this addon. Is there a way to convert older files? Looks like VDJ8 puts the playlists into month files. ie I would love to covert a file from Jan 24, 2015

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:50 pm
Of course you can.

Just open a history folder through the menu.
The contents of the chosen folder will then be available in the drop down box.

Note:
Version 8 uses a specific format for the history files.
If older lists do not meet this format yet, because they where created by version 7 or older builds of version 8, the history converter will create an empty csv/ xml list.
In that case, open vdj and just browse to that history list with vdj browser. Once the list is touched by VDJ, VDJ will convert the list into the current format. Close VDJ and run the tool again.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:58 pm
Issue Nr2.
VirtualDJ History

Tag Editor (1st song - its wav if that matters)

This is what i get

Issue Nr.3
This is what i get if i open the XML file in Excel as Read only.

Here is the XML file (1st song)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ArrayOfSong xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<Song>
<Track>Bruno Mars - Locked Out In Heaven (Frankie Goes Deep Jazz N' Groove Remix Radio Edit).wav</Track>
<BPM>98</BPM>
<PlayCount>24</PlayCount>
<LastPlayTime>3/14/2015 3:00:06 AM</LastPlayTime>
<Time>03:00</Time>
<FileSize>42.56</FileSize>
<Path>C:\Users\Babis\Desktop\NewHits2014\Bruno Mars - Locked Out In Heaven (Frankie Goes Deep Jazz N' Groove Remix Radio Edit).wav</Path>
</Song>

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 9:42 am
Don't know if it makes a difference if the file is .wav or not. I'll have to try...

And yes, that is the way Excel will open the XML in read only mode. There is a way to tell Excel how to display the header correct. I'll explain that later.

The easier way for me and you is the following (and that is how I open the XML files).

In the Ribbon bar of Excel there should be a Tab called "developer options" or "developer tools". If you don't see that you have to enable it first.
To do so do the following:

1. Click the File tab.
2. Click Options.
3. Click Customize Ribbon.
4. Under Customize the Ribbon and underMain Tabs, select the Developer check box.

You can now click on the developer tab and choose to "import" an XML file.
If you do it that way, Excel will autogenerate all columns and headers.

Now the more advanced version:
I could generate a XSL alongside with the XML. A XSL holds the schema for the XML file and Excel will know exactly how to display the XML file.
Row width, font size, header, colours ....
The thing is, the generated XML has to "know" where its XSL file is located. That means, I have to either generate both files and they have to stay together to work properly. Or I could create that XSL file at a specific location and all other XML files will refer to that location.
But that means if you copy the XML files to another PC, the formatting is lost and Excel (on the other PC) won't know how to display the XML.

Thinking about what to do.... I think I will create an installer so that the program gets his of folder and place the XSL into that folder.
If you generate an XML it will look into that folder, if the XSL is not there, it will ask you to create it, and if you don't want that, you are still able to import the XML into Excel with the method described above.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 10:44 am
I think its too much to do and probably create more problems when moving files.

I am good if you just fix the Artist/Title parsing issue (Nr.2)

Request. Can u add the Remix field ?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 2:01 pm
Sure. I will include it in the next version.
Any other fields that might be interesting?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 2:09 pm
With key or harmonic, it would be perfect to display on a website after a mix.

Another use is when music controllers request your playlist during a control.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 5:07 pm
Version 1.3.5.0 online, including the following:

- fix for older history / playlist styles (not all columns might contain values if older history format is used)
- fix for artist / title sometimes not displayed
- fixed file name always the same
- some minor logical fixes

- added remix, genre, album, key and harmonic fields

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 4:01 am
74%