Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sensitivity Adjustment for Jog Wheels?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using the Fruit Skin and it seems when I use the job wheels to slow down or speed up the playing track, they are way too fast or way too sensitive. It only happens in this skin. If I change to any other skin, they seem to act as they should.

There must be a sensitivity adjustment either in the skin or in the program. Can anyone direct me to that adjustment?

Thanks,

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 9:42 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djmagicmoments wrote :
I am using the Fruit Skin and it seems when I use the job wheels to slow down or speed up the playing track, they are way too fast or way too sensitive. It only happens in this skin. If I change to any other skin, they seem to act as they should.

There must be a sensitivity adjustment either in the skin or in the program. Can anyone direct me to that adjustment?

Thanks,

What kind of controller your using ? some controller has a sub setting you can do some adjustment like the Hercules ....

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:03 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djmagicmoments wrote :
There must be a sensitivity adjustment either in the skin

If so,I would like someone from the team to explain the rule behind.

I absolutely don't know why this happens with my skin especially...

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 1:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If the skin doesnt have any actions to modify the Jogsensitivity, i really see no way how a skin could affect jog sensitivity.
Unless by "sensitivity" you mean response/lag. This could happen if the skin is too "heavy", since it could affect the overall performance on your computer (and the jog responsiveness is the first thing u notice)

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 5:47 pm
@FRUiT, what about your skins custom mixer "clear" buttons that reset a lot of things?

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 6:21 pm
Yup I thought about this button but, the settings would be kept when changing to a new skin.

Even the scratch/nudge button would keep its setting.

If dad is right that would be so sad... But, I hardly imagine any latency/lag making a controller MORE sensible... Thought it could only be LESS.

Also how could a lag affect only ONE controller ?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 3:53 am
Also this skin is absolutely NEVER lagging with this computer (from 2009) :

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2,13GHz 2,13GHz

RAM 4Go (2,96 Go usable) (I have win 7 32bit)

PLUS I must say that I changed the CPU gorvernor to limit its use to 95% otherwise the heat will force it to shut down (when playing games). With VDJ my CPU runs @20% and when loading a song it grows to 60%, not that much...

So how a brand new Apple computer having way much better specs could lag that much ?

Does this make any sense ?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 4:23 am
Okay... made the adjustment under jog sensitivity, however, the forward spin is good and results in a nice steady speed up but the back spin results in too heavy of a slow down.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 2:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)