Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: I pad to virtual dj - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yes, you are all awesome, this is why I love this forum.. Thanks as this post was answered in awesome time and with killer instructions..

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 6:32 pm
this is what I get for not reading up more in the forums after dealing with the fun and games on the vdj facebook.

we've been doing this for months at the club because the manager wanted a way to get pics of birthday people on screens ASAP. he sends me a pic (iPhone 6 camera kinda sucks)- I edit for color and size on phone (Note 4 - doesn't suck!) then transfer to thumbdrive, then right into folder on pc for slideshow through vdj. has worked good and gives me more control over what manager thinks he wants to do vs what SHOULD be done. some of you might know what that's like...

the vdj software doesn't care which folder you use with slideshow- I have experimented with dropbox, onedrive and others and same results - as long as it gets to the folder my slideshow automatically adds it to the rotation. pretty much same results with TM.

one note tho - I seriously recommend downsizing images resolution wise - 100 pixels per inch on an 8x10 6x4 or 16x9 gives a file size much easier to display - high resolution images that have file sizes in the 3-5mb range have a tendency to add to video workload.

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 8:00 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sounds like some extra manual intervention though. If you use TM it all just works no matter what size.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 11:07 am
image file display sizes over 1-2mb have a tendency to make vdj "hiccup" or momentarily drag (and this is on a pc with 3.2ghz i7 16gb ram and 1gb ddr5 video) while playing so to keep things smooth I keep file sizes manageable for us. things happen too fast for us in that club to have to worry about a file size bogging things down while playing. the second part of having that manual control is the aforesaid manager who has all the photography skills of a 3 year old.

the manual intervention is necessary either way and gives me enough editing control that I can at least make a bad picture look that much better and make happy customers.

falls under the heading of "ain't broke - don't fix it"

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 12:20 pm
It's the GPU that can stall like that for large resolution images. It has nothing to do with loading or how many megs etc. TM takes steps internally to prevent this stalling.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 12:46 pm
how about a app with instant settings? I like the idea to make stuff simple. when Im busy I don't have time to edit or adjust size, I make more money if i don't need anyone to do lights and run extra stuff. Love the posting and ideas.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 12:24 am
I get the idea, but there is no need to resize with TM. The only reason Wild was doing that was to fix the poor exposer and color of a poorly taken photo. Which there is not a really a "one size fits all" corrections for. Some photos are just darker than others and require different correction levels. I think he is also using a different plug in, so he was also resizing on save for that while he was at it.

My comment was just that, no need to edit with TM (except it can't auto fix exposure). So it really is better than auto settings because you just skip the resize altogether if you don't have to edit other things about the photo. Like Don said, there is checks and limits to ensure TM does not negatively impact playback performance. Heck I have some 64 bit PNGs that once allowed played flawlessly.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 1:28 pm
clarification: club computer is still running win7 and 7.4. and EV. we're using smaller sports bar as testbed for TV and TM and occasionally 8 but they've had issues that i'll be talking about in another thread.
the pictures are going right into the folder for build in VDJ slideshow (K.I.S.S. again )
the editing control is indeed for picture quality. unfortunately we're using multiple display types and while they might look okay on flat panels - they look like crap on projectors, especially the ones that have much of the screen washed out by lighting that the owner decided we needed.
micro rant:
what's the point of having a big projector screen and a HD projector if you have it washed out by pool table lights and LED's???
micro-rant over.

looking in image - in far background you can see where projector screen is - and on flat panels you can see type pics mr. manager likes to send. running on bottom of screen is marquee in Visuals

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 3:13 pm
Looks fun there! Glad it is working out.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 9:48 pm
WOW you all rock.. im so happy I asked this question...

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 2:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)