Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ SZ - Some Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Merry Christmas!
I've recently got a Pioneer DDJ SZ and i'm having some troubles. Before i post all the problems i'd like to test the unit through.
Although there are two major problems that i can report.
First, i'm playing only videos and i'm having a problem when playing the decks 3 and 4. Because i must use the crossfader linked with the video for the transitions, when i'm selecting the second deck (3 or 4) and i'm already playing both 1 and 2, the output video is showing the deck that is selected and not the deck that is playing on master, thus making the prepare of the next song impossible because everything from the preparation is showed on the screen...
My suggestion is to show the video on the master only when it's been played and the volumes are up.
It solves also the problem if you have the crossfader in the middle, so you are ready to mix on the fly, and the second track is on cue, the cued video will not be showed to the screen...
I hope it's clear what's the problem...

The second one is with the slicer, i don't know if it's already reported. The pads don't lit up on the beat, but they are running always at the same speed (very quickly) whatever the track is loaded.

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 9:05 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Thank You for sharing.
Seems like a lot to work with before its perfect

Posted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 1:38 am
was there ever a fix to this issue.. I am dealing with the same problem..

Posted Sun 24 May 15 @ 7:05 pm
deejaysherman wrote :
was there ever a fix to this issue.. I am dealing with the same problem..

Which problem do you mean? The step and the length on the slicer is adjustable through the plugin... If you mean the problem with the video output, then no, it still remains for all 4 deck controllers

Posted Sun 24 May 15 @ 8:43 pm
I was talking about the video issue.. hmm.. ok.. that's a bummer...

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 6:47 am
so that leaves me with 2 choices.. Send the ddj sz back or use serato,, and I despise serato.. I am a VDJ Fan for real..

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 6:48 am
i think i have opened a thread in the wishes forum a couple of months ago...You can support it, maybe they will hear us. It's a pity for the VDJs not to have an options to use 4 decks with video

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 7:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
deejaysherman wrote :
so that leaves me with 2 choices.. Send the ddj sz back or use serato,, and I despise serato.. I am a VDJ Fan for real..

And how does Serato offer a solution on this matter (multi-deck video mixing) ??
As far as i can tell, there is a left-right logic there, just like VirtualDJ. Or do i miss something here ?

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 7:23 am
djdad wrote :

And how does Serato offer a solution on this matter (multi-deck video mixing) ??
As far as i can tell, there is a left-right logic there, just like VirtualDJ. Or do i miss something here ?

I don't use Serato but if it doesn't support multideck video mixing, then it's a step forward ahead for VDJ 8 if the team implements that feauture.
It isn't hard to code it and i've already suggested the logic ;)

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 3:42 pm
my issue is not a multi deck issue .. am just using 2 decks and it does not work.. everything else is fine so far.. but with video problem it ties my hands on this unit.. the loaded video show with the qued video is not cool..

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)