Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Not responding and having to Force quit when DL from C/U

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1.)OK, what's up with this? I'm beyond annoyed.
2.)This failed on me last night while doing cocktail hour at a wedding so luckily it was not during a high energy buildup. (I did have backup but that is not the point.)
3.)VDJ 8 freezes when I'm downloading a song from C/U. (no particular song, it's ANY song!)
4.)please fix this!

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 9:26 pm
Here are the specs:
1.) OS X Yosemite
2.)2.6 Ghz Interl Core i5
3.)8GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
4.)Intel Iris 1536 MB

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 9:28 pm

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 2:02 am
I definately jumped the gun and I was wrong about the bug fix. Version 2090 and 2087 have not solved my issue!

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 12:09 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Haui70 wrote :
Do you get a crash report?
If yes, please post there the content of the crash.

What exact are you doing in the moment when the crash comes?
Do you use video or azdio only?

I also would need to know what kind of Mac and OSX you use.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:20 am
Ok, it is related with CU?

Please always download a CU file first to cache!
Only when the files is downloaded 100%, load the file onto a deck.

Everything else can cause your issue from above.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 3:22 am
I did not have to do this before with my dell computer!

You think it might be something to do with the yosemite update???? Please fix it because I like virtual DJ and I will not to migrate. : )

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 7:03 pm
bonjour
j'ai fait une mise à jour de vj 8 pro infinity vers la version v8.0.2087(comme me l'a conseillé virtual dj),apres environ 3 heures de fonctionnement bug sur la platine de gauche.
Platine bloqué sur un son,impossible de l'arrèter,coupé du contrôleur alors que la platine de droite fonctionne correctement!
j'ai fermé virtual dj et relancer, jusqu' à la tout fonctionnait correctement et recommence au bout de 3 heures à peut près,je me suis résigner à remettre la version antérieur ( v8.0.2073) et là aucun problème pendant plus de 4 heures,comme quoi les mise à jour.....
Messieurs les développeurs retour aux fourneaux
svp réponse en french

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 12:59 pm

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 1:32 pm
jmavila02 wrote :

You think it might be something to do with the yosemite update???? Please fix it because I like virtual DJ and I will not to migrate. : )

No ;-)
I only can tell you my point of view.
Since i know CU, this could happen when something went wrong during the download.
As far as i know is the possible list of reasons very long and not only restricted to VDJ itself.

So till our team will find something in general to solve this, i would just suggest you to try it in the way i told you. :-)
This work around will protect you to get in front of a crowd into problems.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 14 @ 4:01 pm
nsxmarvPRO InfinityMember since 2008
By the way, I'm getting the same crash on both of my macbook pros. I've been trying to use version 8 since it came out, but I can't use it at gigs because it not responding when I use C/U. It would be nice if you guys fixed this.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 6:30 pm
Same problem, Interface freezes but last playing song keeps playing. I tried the workaround, playing from cache, but same problem! Everything is stuck may have to force stop again... I also get a lot of "ERROR ON DECK 1/ERROR ON DECK 2" when dragging in songs from CU. After reboot VDJ might work again.. VDJ8 is not stable at all, at least with CU. Please fix. If you re interested in the bug report made to send to apple please let me know and i'll send it to you

Posted Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 11:05 pm
Please help me, I am having the exact same problem. VDJ8 freezes. Normally when trying to load a song. All of my music is on an external HD the pinwheel appears, the music continues. The only option is to force quit VDJ8 and re-boot the software. It happens everytime I play out every week and is killing me. Please help me fix this problem!

I'm wondering if it is due to the fact that my HD has over 1TB of music and VDJ8 is having trouble reading it?

Spec:
MacBook Air
1.4 Ghz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
OSX 10.10.2
VDJ 8.0.0 mac build 2139.933

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 1:25 pm
I have also had this problem for the last couple of months, therefore I cannot use my MacBook Pro at a gig! Has anybody found a solution?

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 3:01 am
Same here. I cannot use it at all on my mac devices. this in unacceptable! please fix.

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 10:28 am
Virtual DJ 8 Not responding and having to Force quit when DL from C/U , i can download a few songs them most 4 and then it got froze , after that i have to shut down the application and re start again virtual dj 8 again , any solutions?

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 8:11 am
3CKidPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Haui70 wrote :
Ok, it is related with CU?

Please always download a CU file first to cache!
Only when the files is downloaded 100%, load the file onto a deck.

Everything else can cause your issue from above.

this is not a solution. This means I cannot preview a song before download. so when 15 tracks pop up with the same name i can't decide which has the best quality without downloading them all? yeah, not really worth it.

to me this is unacceptable and is enough to move me and my DJ's over to Serato or something. Not to mention CU won't even work with 7 now so i can't move back? what in the world?bad move VDJ.... bad move....

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 12:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You're quoting a 6 month old comment...

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 12:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Fri 15 May 15 @ 5:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)