Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] Pioneer DDJ-SZ now ships with VirtualDJ8 Pro in the box! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

A Man and His Music wrote :
This has strayed way off topic, let's get back to Virtual DJ 8, shipping with the Pioneer DDJ-SZ. This announcement was only a surprise to the naysayers. This is not rocket science. No company in their right minds, would ignore the most popular DJ software in the world. I mean, how do you think they make money? It has been quite laughable these past months, listening to all the smart guys telling the owner what he should and should not do with his company. You would have thought that the sky was falling, because some other company had a few controllers with their name on it. I mean, it was about time, but I still don't know why people were slitting their wrist about it. I know I didn't make any less money because they got a few controllers. Actually, I made mo money this year, and it had nothing to do with my equipment. Every equipment company, except NI, ships with Virtual DJ ,and has for years. If they don't, it will be mapped. There's no denying that the other companies have made some strides, with their software, but again, I have a choice. Honda makes a minivan with a built in vacuum. I'm not crying to Chrysler, telling them I need a vacuum in my van. No, no, no, I need seats that fold down into the floor. I pay a guy to vacuum and wash my car. So Steph, well done, and keep doing what you do best, because you seem to be doing just fine.

Finally, street cred is restored to VDJ

One of the biggest and baddest controllers ships with the full software not a cut-down version of Intro.... I am looking at you guys down unda.

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 3:34 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
938MyDJ wrote :

If so, how much would be the upgrade to get the full-featured version?

Anybody from sales can answer this?

SZ/Free License + $$ = Full Version

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 1:47 pm
The biggest resellers here of the Pioneer DDJ SZ are shouting out about the DVS functionality which is already embedded in VDJ 8 in stead of buying an extra plugin for this feature.
I say: Thumbs Up for VDJ !

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 9:14 am
Good to see were back to the days of disappearing posts again..........

The posts were leveled as they were completely off topic. Nothing to worry about - [Dan]

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 6:31 am
938MyDJ wrote :

Anybody from sales can answer this?

SZ/Free License + $$ = Full Version

Answer = + 0$

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 8:18 am
ok, so you get the SZ full (works sometimes) licence, sell the controller and then want it to work all the time with another controller, what does it cost?

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 9:14 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Nothing :)

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 12:26 pm
So if it only works (sometimes) without the SZ connected, and you don't have the controller any more (bearing in mind licences are non-transferrable) do you just have to bin that "full" licence and buy another one?

Sorry for seeming pedantic but "(it will not work if you don't have a DDJ-SZ connected sometimes)" just sounds unprofessional.

It's either a full licence or it's not .........

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 1:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It is a full license and if at a later date you decide to sell your SZ then it will continue to function as a full license, even if you no longer own the SZ.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 3:54 pm
Thanks Scott,

May be better to get the bottom of this page amended then :)

www.virtualdj.com/SZ/

Keith

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:05 am
We can't provide all the technical details.
As a company we need to protect our interests. Therefore there are some countermeasures to prevent the owner of a DDJ-SZ download the full license and sell it afterwards, or use his controller once to unlock the license for the person he sells / gives away this license.
What you should keep is that if you use the provided version with your SZ for some time and then decide to sell it, then the provided license will keep working without SZ, but with any other possible controller you may own afterwards.
So, yes it's a FULL version, that has a special kind of security to ensure it's fair use.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 4:37 am
Thanks George, that clarifies it all.

Keith

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 6:21 am
I just finally downloaded vdj8 pro infinity from using 7.4, is the ddj sz native? i haven't hooked my ddj sz yet and hoping i don't run into problems as i had no problems out of 7.4

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 11:12 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 2:27 am
bpassetti69 wrote :
I just finally downloaded vdj8 pro infinity from using 7.4, is the ddj sz native? i haven't hooked my ddj sz yet and hoping i don't run into problems as i had no problems out of 7.4

If you do run into issues, you can always use 7.4 until you figure things out. They can be on the same computer, at the same time, and we are here to help.

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 12:28 am
Hey VDJ Team,

I love my DDJ-SZ and VDJ. Please mail me a sticker to replace the Serato logo :)

One quick note could you ask the Pionneer team to add a routing feature to the output ports via the DDJ-SZ utility software? Currently outputs 9/10 play out the main output, it would be really handy if I could use output 9/10 for my prelisten into my headphones. Currently I am using channel 4 to cue my prelisten which is wasting a whole channel and I have no need for anything to play directly out the mains.

If you can convince Pioneer to make this little modification in the next firmware upgrade that would be fantastic.

Thank you.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 4:38 pm
There's now a gold version, the DDJ-SZ-N. Only 1,000 available and all snapped up by dealers already (apparently).

Shipping in March.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 6:27 pm
I want a sticker too

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:56 am
and why am I showing up as a home user, that's bugging me since I have 2 license's

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 8:58 am
Did you register? Did you log in? Does it say that you are logged in under options/licenses?

Posted Sat 17 Jan 15 @ 11:28 pm
75%