Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Skins - Wishes and new features - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Not easy, but doable. And visually the same as if it was native.

Nope!

Your way needs in EVERY case an overlay to mask / hide the lower part of the wave. I asked for a native way because a could not hide/mask this lower part.
To get the highest amound of rows i put the unneeded browser header BEHIND the (half) Scratchwave.

The only way is to show it above the decks as a topwave....

An alternative way:
offer a way to skin 2 or more independent browsers / spitpanels!

Posted Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 12:27 pm
Normally this is a discussion for the skins forum. You could/can ask me how to do it. And YES you can do it

PS: You don't have to "hide" the browser header. You can disable it's elements on the <browser /> definition of your skin.

BTW: I don't argue with you for a native solution. I just try to help you do what you want with the tools you have right now.
And perhaps someday your wish may become true! :)

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 11:35 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
On VDj -8 default skin:
show more then on color on the Vu meter lights moving
show High,mid,low knob with using middle scratch window
lager clock size

Posted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 3:41 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Color parameter able to take scripts in textzones

i.e.
<textzone><text color="get loaded_song 'color' ? get loaded_song 'color' : constant '#E1E1E1'" action="get loaded_song 'title'"/></textzone>

Posted Sat 09 Apr 16 @ 2:11 pm
Menus have tooltips skin

Since the very begining of Virtual DJ (and even before in AtomixMP3, and even before in 1st Virtualdj), great efforts have been made to not show any Microsoft Windows GUI part anywhere in the software. I.E. windows borders, windows headers, etc... which is really great. I must even say it's one of the reasons I chose this brand, other softwares being always stuck inside the Windows GUI. Especially for skins, they look so great ! Even the options window doesn't show Windows GUI tabs / widgets anymore, thus it stills have the windows borders.

So, why did you choose to have menus / submenus not skinnable and worse, to have made them use the Windows GUI ? I would like them to have :

- A xml beacon just like tooltips :
<tooltip size="14" color="#bbbbbb" back="#101010" shortcut="#ffffff" />
<menu size="14" color="#bbbbbb" back="#101010" OTHER STUFF />
OR at least, have them use the tooltip settings so it would look much more/better intergrated rather than now.

- A way to add a real items separator just like every menu on earth

Posted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 6:31 am
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would like can be displayed the cover to next song in automix

Posted Sat 14 May 16 @ 11:13 am
Fruit wrote :
Menus have tooltips skin

1+ from me!

Posted Tue 31 May 16 @ 7:10 pm
Fruit wrote :
Menus have tooltips skin
- A xml beacon just like tooltips :
<tooltip size="14" color="#bbbbbb" back="#101010" shortcut="#ffffff" />
<menu size="14" color="#bbbbbb" back="#101010" OTHER STUFF />
OR at least, have them use the tooltip settings so it would look much more/better intergrated rather than now.

- A way to add a real items separator just like every menu on earth

+1

Posted Thu 02 Jun 16 @ 11:35 am
Deck 3 & 4 have their own 'per-deck' colors

I thought in 8.2 decks 3 & 4 would endly have their 'per-deck' wave colors set. But they still do not...

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 4:37 pm
First of all I would like to say that I love VDJ and I've been using it for almost 10 years! This is the best DJ software hands down no matter what people say.

Having said that, I would like to see improvements in the interface. Take a look at Algoridim's sleek interface for example, it is just amazing.

Furthermore, the coloured wave forms need a lot of work as well (see Traktor and Algoridim's pro). The default skin could be more customisable and I think that it would be a good idea to create skins that users can buy! I would definitely spend 10 bucks for a skin that I like.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 9:08 pm
JameySewell wrote :
Actually, I would love to be able to re-size a panel or have it auto re-size to a pre-determined size, based on the visibility of other panels.

So, if the mixer panel isn't shown, the platter will expand to fill in the missing area.

I second this motion, and would also like to be able to float panels.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 5:14 pm
clc54PRO InfinityMember since 2015
I would like to suggest something rather simple.
Could the size of the Security Window when dropping another song on a player that is active be smaller and appear over part of the player that you have dropped on rather than in the middle of the skin requiring me to always drag it over the player involved.

Thanks

Posted Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 1:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding - why do you need to drag it over to the player?

Surely if it appears over the player then it's covering the information you'd possibly want to see?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 16 @ 2:05 pm
Hi Scott,

Here is the issue at hand, When ever you stack a song on an already playing player, the message comes up center of skin, covering the mixer controls, and if there is more than one player playing you may not remember which player the popup is for, or if you have forgotten where you dropped it, or someone else comes in and takes over the event.

So the suggestion is

1 The security screen is smaller so as to not cover the entire player but that it appears over part of the player and contains the player number that you have dropped it on.

2 If this were to happen then the option of expanding the number of players playing, with a song stacked could be over several playing players for extending the playback sequence.

3 You can have a dimmer version of the warning screen if you like, sort of transparent in nature, if size is still an issue so one could see through the popup the information below in the player. But if the size of the popup was a bit smaller screen real estate, would be improved.

I use this feature every day I work and stack on one player,

Like you I have worked in professional audio for nearly 35 years. Huge venues to small clubs,live mixing, playback, engineering, design, operations, training. Also taught basic and advanced sound system design and theory at the university Level NOT BRAGGING.

I am now retired and doing playback at a very specific application (Ballroom Dancing Competitions). This application takes me all over the world, for a retired guy this is really fun.

Loading 4 players and setting a 5th song gets very helpful in a very long 16 hour day. Each song plays for 1.1 to 1.5 minutes and fades, and the new song that is sitting on top of a player is ready for when we hear the audio fade. We know we can hit stop and then next song will be loaded with way less mouse clicks or screen touches.

Our group uses a custom VST plugin we designed, we can set the length of time the song plays and how long the fade will be. We place that inside VST plugin in each player, using the 3 effects area we can have different playback lengths and fade times for different styles of songs. Either dropping certain styles on certain players or changing the fader options per song. This is how we can have more than one player playing and not hear the music. It may have already faded and we needed to attend to something else more urgent so we can sometimes have three players playing. But only one with sound and since we see the title which is above the timing fields and know the style of dance we can find that active player very easily.

Once we start a song we really do not need to see anything about what is it doing as we do not sync, beat match or tinker with the song. Each song's tempo is set in the recording process so placing the security page over the player does not bother us. I usually put it right under the timing information so I know how close to a fade I am getting. As sometimes we have to override the fader by turning the effect off, to give the judges more time to judge the competitors on the floor, and preform a manual fade.

We play nearly 30-45 songs per hour, and the events run 8 am to 12 midnight on a typical day. So song selection is totally based on the schedule of the event for style of dance. The music director's choice is of the song he wants to play within that dance style. Unfortunately we can not use a auto playlist because their are to many variables in the ballroom. Couples going on and off the floor changes in schedule, mood of room, desire to change the event as we go along. You understand that.

I understand that all operations are not the same, but placing this option into the settings and allowing one to choose where the security screen will land IE; center OR over the player would solve the choice problem. Just as all the other options allow us to tailor our screens to our applications.

Sorry for long winded message but you wanted to know why.

PS. Where would I post a suggestion about beat counting. IE 4 4 counts verses 3 4 counts for a Waltz. The beat counter has no idea how to tempo that. So it would be helpful if the TAP allowed you to tap the first count of several 3 4 bars and then figure out that it needed to calculate 3 4 time.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 8:23 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm sorry but that is all entirely unnecessary and over complicated for almost every other user.

The solution is simple - when you get the message act on it. Normally you would know which deck it is for because you just dropped the song there or requested the load there. If you don't then click no :)

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 8:57 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just set the load security option to 'silent'

No popup windows anymore. The tracks just won't load into an already playing deck.
What's left is you wondering why it would not load until you realise that a track is already/ still playing on the deck.

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 12:54 pm
first off thank you for all the hard work, i love virtual dj! i would like to see a 3 channel skin. one left/right for mixing and a dedicated somewhat small head phones only for previewing songs. also being able to throw the song into one of the mixers would be excellent. right now i use the regular 4 channel and that gets a bit cumbersome, also maybe make the mixers re-sizable from the user window in GUI level. i know that is a lot, having taken a few c++ classes and python i am positive this is a ton of work. also the text on videos would be nice if we could save pre made text instead of loading it manually every time

Posted Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 9:45 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I'm sorry but that is all entirely unnecessary and over complicated for almost every other user.

The solution is simple - when you get the message act on it. Normally you would know which deck it is for because you just dropped the song there or requested the load there. If you don't then click no :)

Well thank you Steve,

To be perfectly honest here and I am going too

The multiple button creating, button options to choose from, multiple loop options, and over complicated, processes that are built into this program, at the request of your users is what has made this a great program. This is not overly complicated it is more simple than much of what you already do. Two simple things size and location.

That is why it is used by more than just the DJ market, thus the program is far more complex and difficult to understand and program, but it is those options of which mine is but one, that allows us all to do the myriad of things WE want to do to create a great evening of entertainment, with your product.

Most everyone is doing a great job of weeding through all that it takes to, create loops, links, beat match, sync to video, sync to audio and it goes on and on and on. I am pleased they have those tools.

I get it that you totally don't think that this is a need, and that it would be used, I am glad that you know it ALL, the possibilities out there, must be those many years of experience in listening to your peers and associated professionals. But it is apparent that your not listening, (reading) well here

I really appreciate your help. I'll pass it up the line to demonstrate your great SERVICE and CONSUMER interest.

Charles

PS I really detest email for this very reason. it is the most terrible way to communicate and draw conclusion's from, my self included.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 6:03 pm
PachN wrote :
Just set the load security option to 'silent'

No popup windows anymore. The tracks just won't load into an already playing deck.
What's left is you wondering why it would not load until you realise that a track is already/ still playing on the deck.

Thanks so much but I need that to do what I am already doing.
Just trying to make it more informing and functional.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 6:08 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Check box to switch on and off video when signal is lost similar to the set up in v7, actually it would be handy if there could be an icon on the skin for this purpose.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 16 @ 8:06 pm
37%