Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: all kinds of issues with audio set-up NEW PRO USER

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thanks in advance and believe that I have spent the last 72 hours trying to figure this out with test after test and reading.

MY details I purchased monthly 19.99 virtual DJ software (also using a numark dj2go i got years ago)and want to be able to practice at home like I would perform say at a club. Bare in mind I am also completely new to DJ'ng myself. Main issue is I can not hear upcoming track (using 2 deck config) I simply want to hear the track I choose from deck 1 or 2 in my headphone. I'm having trouble in the audio settings and midi settings both. Most upsetting nothing I change in the drop down boxes ever changes. its insanely annoying and I could not pull up anything about it. 2nd in the APPLE midi settings I can not add the DB's nor do I understand what they want for a value. Now even wierder part I have the built-in line output as my main sound out put I have 2 creative speakers hooked up to that 3.5 jack via the back of my mac pro. when I test left to right I have no problems. When I test my creative extreme 7.1 which somehow just named its self simply "output" all my speakers work well and sound comes out when I do the config. when I leave MIDI and re-open VDJ8 the 7 suround speakers no longer wora and the dial on my external sound card somehow controls the speakers plugged into the back of my mac. WTF!!!!!! three days of this I'm going nutz

thanks for your help in advance

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 6:16 am
come on guys? nobody knows ? has an idea or direction to point me in

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 7:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, this "OUTPUT" sound card (the Extreme one) is not available in the Sound card drop-down list of VirtualDJ Audio Setup ?
Since this sound card is capable to output more than 2 channels, try to "Configure Speakers" and choose Quadrophonic (4 speakers) or more.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 10:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)