Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ-SX NO SOUND THROUGH PC - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So just to update - its not a Usb cable problem as I've tried 4 now - could anyone offer any advice on this please

Thanks

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 6:05 pm
Have you tried a different computer? You said all was well until you changed the hard drive. Maybe you disconnected something during the install.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 1:39 am
I know that the SX is working fine on my gig pc as is VDJ8 it just the main PC causing problems. for example at the moment one minute it says no audio drivers (asio) even though they are installed and up to date the next minute it works also when setting the Source now (as per the last screenshot posted above I can no longer select the correct channel i.e DDJ-SX Master L&R as its not showing up as an option in the channel dropdown.

I'm starting to think it could be a bad install on this PC so will prob un install it and start from scratch. Is there a specific way to un-install does anyone know?

Thanks

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 12:36 pm
If you are talking about uninstalling VDJ, when it asks if you want to also uninstall the settings, or something to that effect JUST SAY NO.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 3:58 pm
Could I just ask about the just say no bit.. is this because it would remove all the database settings etc etc. my line of thought is to remove it completely because I don't know what is actually causing my problem or as another thought install can I install it onto a different drive on the machine (assuming it doesn't have to be the C drive?)

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 4:20 pm
Trust me, I loss over 600 content unlimited files, among other things. The files were not a big deal, because a lot were one shot deals, or I bought the ones that I really needed. Just trust me, and JUST SAY NO. If you want, you can always say yes another time.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 6:34 pm
Thanks - I will try it all ways then but with Just saying no to the first one - hopefully this resolves the issue.

I have my tracks backed up in a lot of places so I'm not to worried about losing anything on this machine as its only used for 'testing' stuff really plus I have only recently signed up to content Unlimited so nothing in the cache to worry about either ! but I do take your point

thanks again, I will post back with the results

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 6:49 pm
HOW DO YOU INSTALL DDJ_SX TO VIRTUAL DJ

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 10:53 pm
Its basically plug and play - simple attach your SX USB cable to your computer and open VDJ - there are some ASIO drivers that come with it on a disc and version utility software but you don't actually need to use these depending on your setup requirements.

VDJ works seamlessly (usually) although the only issue I found was you need to use a 4 deck skin

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 4:45 am
So the saga continues !!

Last week I plugged in my sx opened up VDJ and for some strange reason everything worked, my internal PC soundcard Line in was receiving a signal and my broadcast software (simplecast) was also receiving a signal. Oddly the Mic also worked whilst plugged into the SX without any channels settings set up for it in the Audio settings?? Anyway being a happy bunny I saved the 'profile' to keep for this weeks show (yesterday).

So yesterday arrived and nothing bloody worked again ???? I hadn't changed anything in VDJ, nothing on the PC and deliberately left the SX in the same state. the only difference was some windows updates on the PC. (could this of caused the problem I wonder?)

I'm at a loss now as to what to do I only need to use this setup to broadcast my show for 2 hours on a Sunday, I'd love to use VDJ to Broadcast it but apparently the mic won't broadcast through vdJ - is there a solution to this?

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 6:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)