Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automix discussion - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

@djfourmoney
I agree with what you're sayin, and I can only speak for myself here, but when I'm doin a wedding I always sort the tracks within the playlist, shift 'em around a bit just based on the track info and my experience. But as I have scanned all of my music since day 1 with V8 a lot of the tracks have the AM poi's in some very wrong places, ie. fade out somewhere like 10 seconds after the song has finished. As I have more than a few thousand songs on my laptop it was an impossible task to check them all. And it's been exactly those long dead airs that have been drivin me crazy all year.

However there is now a new option to reanalyze the tracks, that seems to be working well for me, does anyone know how to use it for batch files, I can only get it to work for 'em one at a time?

@locodog
yup. I'm usin it, it's quite easy to avoid those train wrecks, but it is a bit of a pita.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 11:33 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ray

http://pbrd.co/1vwtPdi

That works here but I suspect you'd have to sort the firstbeat out but I guess you'd have to do that scanning one by one too.

I bet I can write a script that saves some of that work, give me a second.

*Edit*
Try this get a large list in the file window (maybe recurse a folder) & batch scan them.
Put this script on a button (custom/keyboard/controller)
set_firstbeat & browser_scroll +1 & load
Then load the first song in the list. Goto the first beat and press the button, it will set the first beat and load the next song in the list.
It isn't an amazing time saver but saved time is better than time wasted {unless it's time when you're wasted :-) }

*further edit*

Whilst in the situation above, after you've gone through the list, have another button scripted to go through the tunes and check that the POI are good
browser_scroll +1 & load & edit_poi & browser_scroll -1 & load & edit_poi & browser_scroll +1

If you attach that script to alt+F4 then if the POI are good and you don't have to touch the window (with the mouse) one press will remove the window and load the next songs POI editor.
If you do touch the window (with the mouse) the first press will kill the window and a second press opens the next window.
Again a marginal time saving but 60*10^3 times and it makes sense.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 11:57 am
loco
hangonamo'
that's not the one,I know that one already. But in build 2048 if you right click on a track there's a new option "reanalyse" ... that's the one i want.

maybe I'm just crackin up, but I've just(using batch) analysed all my music again(takes two days for my gig laptop) no problem. But still some songs have the fade mix out poi after the end of the track, even behind the full mix poi. So I just found a freshly analysed track in a playlist that I'm preparing for tomorow(lol i can't spell that) thgat had a big dead air on the end of it. Here's the before and after effect of then using the Re-Analyse thing;
before

after

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 12:16 pm
I see "re analyse bpm etc" for a single track context menu and that's not new, Are you telling me there's another option other than "re analyse bpm etc" because I can't see it.

as a test I deleted the AM poi from 3 tracks and hit that button but under the batch context and it replaced the AM POI on all 3.

*edit*
I just about see what you mean, batch should give the same results as one at a time , maybe the Old bug that got "batch BPMs" wrong (that has been fixed) lives on by badly placing POI, it looks like it should be brought up in the bug forum.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 12:47 pm
no it's not new, but I think that they have changed somethin.
Gotta run now, back l8r, thanks dude.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 1:03 pm
hey loco, oh yes, this is what put me onto the right track, it's from Adion in the bug report forum about "when will smartmix work" or somethin like that (by the way.. I have never used smart mix and I never will, if I want to cut tracks I do it myself, there's no machine that can bang a song in like I can :)

"-Try the latest beta version (currently build #2048) and rescan both songs for bpm/poi's, then try again and see if the problem remains"

when he says rescan both tracks maybe he means seperately, I think not thru batch, but with the Re-Analise BPM etc thing on the right click option.
up untill now (I've been testing for one and a half days) and this has corrected every song that up until now has had the fade poi set somewhere long after the full poi and long after the end of the song.

and yes I think you deserve a prize(but that is related to another post on another side) and....
I never get wasted, I get blasted ;) lol,smiley,smiley

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 4:59 pm
omg loco,
"*further edit*

Whilst in the situation above, after you've gone through the list, have another button scripted to go through the tunes and check that the POI are good
browser_scroll +1 & load & edit_poi & browser_scroll -1 & load & edit_poi & browser_scroll +1

If you attach that script to alt+F4 then if the POI are good and you don't have to touch the window (with the mouse) one press will remove the window and load the next songs POI editor.
If you do touch the window (with the mouse) the first press will kill the window and a second press opens the next window.
Again a marginal time saving but 60*10^3 times and it makes sense."

I love this. I've put it onto a custom button on fruits skin and it's cool, but can you modify it for me so that it closes the current poi editor before opening the next one, other wise I have to click each one seperately to close them all and my laptop doesn't like having so many little boxes stacked on the screen. cpu is going nuts;(

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 6:30 am
Sorry that's a bit of a problem, it has to be Alt+F4, It's a messy hack between windows shortcuts & VDJ script

Alt+F4 is a windows shortcut to close the current window, (like the windows key it works every time no matter where)
What's needed is a script to close the POI editor. (Which currently doesn't exist)

Once again an argument that everything should be scriptable.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 2:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)