Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: I have a crash that occurs everytime...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is an older mac 2008 with a core 2 duo 2.4 , 2 gig of ram& intel gma 3100 graphics. It has a new install of osx Lion 10.7.5 which is the newest software this mac can run. It has a brand new hard drive and a fresh copy of Vdj 2028.

Here's the story, this laptop belongs to a friend who has been using it for Traktor since it was new, the hard drive was going bad so he asked me to upgrade it for him. I have been on him to try Vdj8 so I installed it, and it runs perfectly. Here is the problem, If i create a filter folder and then try to delete it it immediately shuts down. If i have a song in the browser and I try to delete it it immediately crashes. Anything to do with the action delete seems to crash this machine. I have been in contact with support and I also did a remote session with someone from Atomix support who was able to see the crash. He seemed to feel its related to the video card. I'm not sure if that's the issue as it works fine every other way. When it crashes it has not generated a crash report.

I am hoping that one of the devs sees this and can offer a suggestion other than its an older laptop upgrade....

John

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which sound card do you use ?
The developing Team will take a look at your uploaded crashes and will provide a fix if able to reproduce. However, from the short description of the crash report it seems related to the sound card and not video card. and since it mentions soemthing about ASIO, i wonder if this is a Bootcamp Mac and possibly Windows ASIO installed drivers provide a conflict. The crash report itself is not a Mac report anyways.

For your Mac, make sure that the /VirtualDJ folder and your Music Library folders have read/write permissions. Repair Hard Disk Permissions from Applications->Utilties ->Disk Utilities and restart your computer.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:41 pm
Dj dad this laptop is not boot camped. I have not used a sound card it crashes while paying through the laptop speaker. Everything works as it should. Music , video the only time it crashes is when I right click and try and delete something. It's also not generating crash reports according to phone support

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:45 pm
This screen came up one time before it shut down

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok probably the crashes we have in your account are from a different Windows computer. The Dev Team may have more information about your Mac crashes.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:51 pm
+1
almost every deleting action crashes on mac osx 10.7; except for deleting a midi mapping key, controllers mappings, playlists, tracks in playlists, folders, favorites; deleting any of these will crash VDJ8.
looking forward
thank you

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 4:07 pm
It would be nice if support staff or devs would acknowledge this and give some support

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 1:02 am
great news!build 2064!
sclavel wrote :

-Fix file deletion crash on Mac OS X 10.7

now they only have to fix the stutter/distortion issue when analyzing several tracks,
looking forward
thank you Atomix

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 1:24 pm
bump!
please Atomix Support work on a fix for the analyzing stutter/distortion issue on OSX 10.7, analyzing tracks process takes too much CPU, causing distortion/stutter on OSX 10.7 (this does not happen on win7 or build1845 osx 10.7)
looking forward
thank you

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 3:16 pm
this crash is back, if I delete a file its fine, but it crashes if I delete a folder or tracklist
thank you

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 11:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)