Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error loading songs in VirtualDJ 7.4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've used VirtualDJ for years, without any problems really. I used to use it on PC and a couple months ago upgraded to a Macbook Pro. I installed it on here with no problems initially but about a week ago VDJ won't load my songs when I load them to a deck. It only works with a handful of my songs, but a large majority songs just say "ERROR" when their on deck.

I installed VDJ 8 to see if there was a difference, and it loads all songs perfectly fine but I'm just not as comfortable with the controls, I'd prefer 7.4.1

Any suggestions?! I have parties coming up and would love to solve this issue thanks!

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 2:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Virtual DJ 7 is not compatible with iTunes v12 on the Mac. You either have to downgrade iTunes or upgrade to VDJ8.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 9:20 pm
Ok thanks

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 3:55 pm
OK... I have been dormant with my music for a while. I recently did a small gig fundraiser and to my surprise??? VDJ 7.xx did not work as in the past. That was a very stressful day! Since then I had been to all the forums looking for answers but all indicators pointed to another substantial investment upgrade to Ver. 8?
I noticed some music play and some did not? mp3, aaif etc. at first I thought it was the (.m4a) file format that had some how changed and in a previous post, I mentioned converting my library to another format. Some worked again... and some did not.
The actual issue is the file path to the existing music files have changed in the "iTunes Music Library.xml" with the new iTunes 12 upgrade!!
iTunes playlist music that worked:
Right click a music file and select "file infos". at the bottom it will show a path to the file. This file path is copied from your "iTunes Music Library.xml"
Checking an older copy that worked.. and music that did not work from the new xml file. there was a substantial difference.

(The actual file path will differ for each user and I only changed the Music files path not video etc. so be aware)
New file path created by iTunes 12 xml which do not work: FilePath=file:///volumes/xxx/xxx/xxx
This is the actual working file path: FilePath=/volumes/xxx/xxx/xxx. I removed [ file:// ] from the path

Before you proceed back up your iTunes Music Library.xml file. I used an editor with find & replace to change all 11600 song paths to the "working example", tested it in VDj and it worked as it always had? All the music showed and played. I then proceeded to open iTunes and the music also played as it should have?
I am not a wizard at this and there may be some issues for sure, but for now it seems to be working. Please feel free to correct me, change or add to this post.
Cheers

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 11:41 am
I should also mention I use a Macbook pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) and Mavericks 10.9.5 with iTunes 12.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 11:49 am
How do I make a playlist on 7.4 virtual? Played mouse in corner of screen but did not slide to left for playlist area.
Please advise?

Phil

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 7:08 pm
How did you remove the file:/// from VDJ?

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 7:11 pm
Thank you Imageseeker53. You are the only person with a solution that works with cases like this without upgrading Virtual DJ. The other one is to update to 7.4.2. I have an old version of virtual DJ 7 I cannot update to the latest version. I bought a used computer with virtual dj already installed. Your solution worked. Of course it is not very easy to follow. But It worked. I used text edit to modify the path and -search and replace-. I have now a Virtual DJ 7.0.4 working fine with mac os Yosemite 10.10 with itunes 12.1 Thank you again.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 2:26 am
In that case, the version that you are using is illegal. The software cannot be sold, given or transferred to another user.

You will need to purchase your own license or if you are just using it for fun at home with mouse/keyboard only, you can download the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE rather than use such an old and out-dated illegal version.

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 6:55 am
hace poco actualice mi virtual a la versiĆ³n 7.4.7 y me marca que la tarjeta de audio no esta conectada. me marca error in the ASIO sound driver

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 10:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)