Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Numark 4Trak Mapper for VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pranxdjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello. I just started using VDJ8 with my Numark 4Trak and I love it. Thanks to the VDJ team for all the work you guys put into in. I currently use the default Mappings that come with VDJ8, but would appreciate if someone custom made the mappings. I used VDJ7 Pro earlier, and I had mappers customized by one user here, and I liked it a lot. It's what I've been using ever since with VDJ7 Pro. So if anyone can make mappings for Numark 4Trak for VDJ8, I would appreciate.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you need anything specific, please let us know on what actions you would like to assign to any buttons/knobs and we could help you to create your custom mapping.
Be as much as specific and detailed you can (name for the Keys and detailed action descriptions)

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:42 pm
Ok, thanks. Will get back to you when I put together everything I need with the specifics.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 7:20 am
djdad wrote :
If you need anything specific, please let us know on what actions you would like to assign to any buttons/knobs and we could help you to create your custom mapping.
Be as much as specific and detailed you can (name for the Keys and detailed action descriptions)

Can you guys please fix the LED light for Deck B and D? It does not work.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 12:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Took a look at the files and found no reason why those shouldnt work. Do the A/C leds work correctly ? The B/D leds dont light up at all or just work in "reversed" order ?

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 4:21 pm
I'm having the same issue. C/A works. It lights up blue and green but B/D doesn't come on at all. It functions but it's hard to remember what deck you are on since it won't light up.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 1:32 am
How can I map vdj pro 8 inf with my numark 4trak

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 10:11 am
The 4TRAK is natively supported in VDJ 8 (mapping is built in).

However, in order to use VDJ 8 with a controller, you will need a license.

A "plus license" for home use, or a subscription or Infinity license to use it professionally.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 10:49 am
dj habdoControlleristMember since 2015
ah merci pour la reponse car je la même avec numark 4trak

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 8:24 pm
dreviusPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I have a full license VDJ8 pro and just bought a Numark 4trak the led B?D does not light up I have no idea how to map so could anyone help me tnx

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 4:21 pm
alguem tem o mapper do virtual 8 para 4trak

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 8:38 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum (Where available) to post in your own language.

These other language forums can be found at the bottom of the main forum topic list.

NOTE: The Numark 4Trak is natively supported in the latest version of VirtualDJ v8 so no mapper is required. Also, nobody will send you add-ons to which you are not currently entitled.

You will need to purchase a controller license (Home use only) to use the 4Trak for more than 10 minutes at a time. For commercial use (At DJ gigs where you are being paid), you will need to purchase either the full VirtualDJ v8 Infinity or a monthly v8 Pro subscription.

Posted Mon 11 May 15 @ 7:28 am
@Djdad... Hi, its been a while since I last wrote on this forum, reason being I have been quite busy, and was also getting acquainted with VDJ8 so that when I come up with the actions I would want my MIDI controller to do, I know exactly what I am talking about.

You had advised me sometime back that if I needed any specific actions for my Numark 4Trak, I should provide detailed info about what I want the buttons to do, so that you can help me create my own custom mappings. I am still preparing that, and once I am ready with it, I will post it her and let you know.

Thanks.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 6:23 pm
Hello Dj Dad, and everyone else who has an interest in his particular forum. I am finally done with my preferences for custom mappings for VDJ8. I have them in a PDF document, but I don't know how to attach a file on this forum can anyone please help? Thanks.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 5:36 am
There isn't a way to do that. You'll have to upload it online somewhere (your web site?) and then post a link to it.

Or I guess you could just copy and paste the text contents here, or on the Blog area of your forum Home Page.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 10:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Or you could upload your mapper into the add-ons sections.
The file you will need to upload is your .xml mapper file from documents/mappers

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 3:32 pm
Thanks @groovindj and @PachN for your advice. @PachN, I don't have the mapping file. These is a text document that has preferences of what I would like for my controller to do. When I asked for the mappings originally on this forum, one of the members here (@djdad, I think) told me that if I needed anything specific, I should let you guys know what actions I would like to assign to any buttons/knobs on my controller (Numark 4Trak), and I would be helped to custom map it for VDJ8. This is the document that I am talking about.

@groovindj, I will put the document online and post the link here. I wouldn't want to copy/paste since the text wouldn't be aligned correctly.

Thanks.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 11:22 pm
Hello guys. As promised, here is the link to the document that has my preferences for what I would like the knobs/buttons on my Numark 4Trak controller to do. I have tried to make them as detailed as possible as to the actions I would like for each button/knob to perform. Some of the buttons/knobs i would like for them to remain as they are in the default mappings, and in such cases, I have indicated so accordingly. There are only two buttons (ASSIGN 2 [the button located under the SONGS button) and ASSIGN 3 (the button located under the FAVORITES button], that I have not decided what action I would like them to perform, and, as indicated, I am open for suggestions. If I can be helped to make custom mappings for my controller, I would appreciate it.

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2pS4AIXcht7eDk0WDdtdzVIcUE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 10:20 am
imatixPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Many Thanx PrankxDJ.

Posted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 9:06 pm
imatixPRO InfinityMember since 2011
djdad wrote :
Took a look at the files and found no reason why those shouldnt work. Do the A/C leds work correctly ? The B/D leds dont light up at all or just work in "reversed" order ?

I don't know if your question was answered already, but the B/D light does not light up at all. :-(

Posted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 9:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)