Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 (Build 2003) / iTunes 12 / Yosemite

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was holding off on upgrading to Yosemite due to the issues I had read about here and on the internet about the incompatibility with the iTunes Folders with iTunes 12. Some claim it only affects VDJ7, other claim it also affect VDJ8. Virtualdj 8 is running reliably for me, so I am using it for my live gigs. I have three gigs this week and didn't want to get into a bad situation since all of my music is organized in iTunes Folders.

Last night, to my horror, iTunes upgraded itself without asking to version 12.0.1.26 even though I'm still running Mavericks. After almost going into cardiac arrest, I fired up Virtualdj 8 and to my pleasant surprise, everything worked perfectly.

Now I need to decide if/when to upgrade to Yosemite.

Can anyone confirm if the following combination works:

Macbook running Yosemite
Virtualdj 8 for Mac (build 2003)
Itunes 12 (newest version under Yosemite)
Music successfully played from iTunes Folders

Thanks

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:46 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The current ITunes version should work fine in current v8 builds :)

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 8:12 pm
Thanks,

I took the plunge and upgraded to Yosemite. So far so good.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 8:42 pm
cehletPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I seen you said so far so good anything to report on it as of yet I am affraid to do it as I do allot of gigs I got 8 just how I want it and I"m affraid of what would happen if I have to roll backwards even with my back ups if it will have to start from scratch again spend a week importing my library or not? Can you updates us on your experiances so far please?

Definitely appreciate feedback on it

DJ CPR

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 6:18 am
Nothing bad to report. I've done three gigs so far since upgrading to Yosemite, and everything worked as expected.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 6:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)