Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ-SX - Mac Book Pro Set Up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys I'm trying to help a mate get his system setup. He has a Mac Book Pro 2012 & DDJ-SX & VDJ8

As it stands he cannot get his mic to work. The mic is on channel 3 on the SX and this is receiving a signal as the leds / talkover button work when the mic is used but there is nothing coming out of his speakers

The fact the leds / talkover button works leads me to think its something to do with the Audio settings in VDJ but not being a Mac user I'm not sure what to advise him to do. I know I had to add a 'record' source on my set up which is the same as his except I'm using Windows

Could anyone here let me know - Many thanks

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 8:11 am
soulboy1970 wrote :
there is nothing coming out of his speakers

....and his speakers are connected where?

They should be connected to the master output of the SX. If they are, then the mic should be audible.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 8:54 am
Hi Groovin

Yep the speakers are in the Master out of the SX - music output is fine, its just there is no mic output from the speakers.

The LED's on the SX show a signal when his speaks into the mic and the talk over button ducks the music when pressed, so I am assuming that means there is nothing wrong with the SX or Mic?

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 8:59 am
So just had an update on this .. he has now been able to get his mic audible via his speakers so a bit of progress. The issue now is that when he records something the music comes out on the recording but the mic doesn't.

His main aim is to be able to do a radio show using the VDJ broadcast (again music is fine) - There must be a way for him to be able to use his mic via the SX surely?

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:09 am
I believe the mic channel on the SX is hardware controlled, so it won't be possible to feed it back to VDJ.

Keith

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:11 am
Hi Keith

It is possible on a Windows Pc using a new 'record' source in the Audio config: (I use this myself all the time)

Source: Soundcard: Channel:
master Pioneer DDJ_SX Asio (Asio) DDJ-SX MASTER L&R
Headphones Pioneer DDJ_SX Asio (Asio) DDJ-SX PHONES L&R
record Pioneer DDJ_SX Asio (Asio) DDJ-SX AUX/MIC L&R

now if only we could config this on a mac we would be good to go !

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:23 am
soulboy1970 wrote :

DDJ-SX AUX/MIC L&R

According to a PDF I just found online relating to using the SX with Traktor, the Mac equivalent for input routing should read: DDJ-SX MASTER OUT

So, your audio config should be master/headphones but then you'll need to add another channel, select 'record' as above, then choose DDJ-SX MASTER OUT (seemingly the same channel you select for the master part of master/headphones).

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:47 am
Thanks Groovin, I did suggest this to him before posting on here about adding the 'record' source and although that was there as an option it was the channel bit that seemed to be causing a problem although I was speaking to him on the phone so couldn't see myself what options were there.

I will email him in a moment but to confirm he should have something like this in his audio settings if I'm correct?

master/headphones DDJ-SX MASTER OUT
record DDJ-SX MASTER OUT

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)