Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crossfader Full OR Crossfader Scratch on one button with LED blink when in Scratch mode. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm having problems figuring this out.

I want to assign a button to choose between Crossfader Full OR Crossfader Scratch.

Also have the LED blink when in Scratch mode and off when in Full mode.

I just can't get it to work. Will someone please give me a hint?

Thanks

Jimmy

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 11:09 pm
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
I'm having problems figuring this out.

I want to assign a button to choose between Crossfader Full OR Crossfader Scratch.

Also have the LED blink when in Scratch mode and off when in Full mode.

I just can't get it to work. Will someone please give me a hint?

Thanks

Jimmy

Good Idea! I would be interested in this as well.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 12:13 am
what's your controller?

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 12:17 am
It's a Vestax VCI-100.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 2:27 am
I want to use button B1 and LED B1.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 3:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Map the button as ...
crossfader_curve 'full' ? crossfader_curve 'scratch' : crossfader_curve 'full'
and the LED as..
crossfader_curve 'scratch' ? blink : crossfader_curve 'full'

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 4:44 am
djdad wrote :
Map the button as ...
and the LED as..
crossfader_curve 'scratch' ? blink : crossfader_curve 'full'

Thank you DJDad. It worked.

I modified it slightly. Your code has the button lit solid in "full" mode. I want it unlit.

Here is my change:

crossfader_curve 'scratch' ? blink : crossfader_curve 'full' ? off

I have to say I'm really loving VDJ 8. Everything is tweaked to my liking now, and later today is my first gig with it.

Got the custom buttons doing "pitch zero" "pitch bend + and -" reverse and eject. But the BEST of all are the colored tracks.
Now I can tell the heat of the song, and what kind of song it is, at a glance. Fantastic.

Awesome program everyone. Thanks for you hard work.

I'll let you know how the video gig went. Wish me luck !!! :)

Regards,

Jimmy

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 6:25 am
jmf28 wrote :
what's your controller?

RMX2. One question, how do you control custom buttons from the controller? I would like to use one of the empty buttons on the UI.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 10:35 pm
You don't control custom buttons on the skin with your controller. The buttons, sliders, and knobs on the controller are mapped to their own functions. Custom buttons are extra gifts.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 10:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can map any controller button as custom_button x, and it will perform exactly the same assigned action of the control button x on the skin.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 9:41 am
Thank you DJDad. Sorry, I stand corrected. Totally enjoying VDJ 8. It is an amazing product.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 5:08 am
djdad wrote :
You can map any controller button as custom_button x, and it will perform exactly the same assigned action of the control button x on the skin.

So... How would I do this? Pressing the Shift button and say hitting pad #1 on either side will activate either curve in say Effect mode (holding down Shift)?

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 11:22 pm
All you have to do is go into mapper mode, and push the button on your controller you want to program. Then insert the code DJDad gave us. Should be that simple.

I push button B1 on my VCI-100 and the crossfader goes to scratch mode and the LED blinks. Hit it again and crossfader goes to full mode and the LED goes out. Perfect.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 7:15 pm
Re-evaluating question. BRB

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 4:27 pm
I was having a problem of having "scratch" mode activate when loading a deck. My LED would start blinking and crossfader_curve indeed was in "scratch" mode.

It seems intermittent. It was quite a surprise when I'd start a mix and BAM BAM BAM the next song would come in with full volume. Quite a shock.

I re-entered the command string and so far so good. I'll let you know what happens this weekend.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:42 pm
Got a problem. I'm using the code as shown below. The issue is when I drag a song into a deck, the crossfader_curve 'scratch' goes active along with the blinking LED. I don't want this to happen. I want it to stay in "FULL" mode until I choose to go to "SCRATCH" mode.

It's quite a shock to start the crossfade and BAM BAM BAM the next song comes in by surprise. Any suggestion on how to modify the coding to prevent this from happening? This might be a buggie in Version 8.

and the LED as..
crossfader_curve 'scratch' ? blink : crossfader_curve 'full' off

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 7:53 pm
Another problem tonight. I had the crossfader working in "full" mode only. And it was working fine.

Took it to the club started playing and lost use of the crossfader. It doesn't get discovered when in config mode, when I move the slider.

Another weird thing is when I type for example crossfader, the "c" shows crossfader stuff in the list, but when I type in an
"r" the list jumps to stuff that begins with "r".

I'll be diagnosing these malfunctions with another VCI 100. It's very weird what's happening.

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 4:03 am
One problem resolved. Today all seems to be working ok. The crossfader got discovered. And I programmed it with "crossfader". At first it came up in "scratch" mode. Then it changed to "full" mode by itself. And typing is now normal.

If I try to put in crossfader_curve "scratch" the crossfader becomes un-responsive. The only command that seems to work is "crossfader".

So does anyone know why when I put a new track in a deck the crossfader_curve goes to "scratch" mode ? Can I re-write the script that will direct the crossfader_curve to default to "full" mode?

Posted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 10:21 pm
Tonight I still had a problem with crossfader changing to "scratch" mode when I load a new track. This is with a different Vestax VCI-100. I NEVER had this problem with Version 7.

I don't get it. How do I keep the crossfader in "FULL" mode? I'm getting weird results. Do you think I should reload the program?

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 2:57 am
Problem got worse last night. I'm using a second VCI-100 with Windows 7, and this one has same trouble as the first one.

I get into controller mode, move the crossfader and see it appear. Then I attempt to type in "crossfader" but I hit the "c" and then the "r" and I jump to the command listings for "r". Something seriously wrong there.

When I DO get the crossfader command to be "crossfader" It stays in "scratch" mode. The command "crossdfader full" makes the crossfader un-responsive.

AND another problem popped up. A couple of times last night when I would turn the "filter" knob to reset it, the deck would start playing. Quite a surprise.

I really can't use this the way it is. I want a functioning crossfader in "full" mode that is stable, and I can't have a deck start to play when I turn the "filter" knob.

I'll be testing with 7. I never had an issue like this with 7.

I guess I'll un-install and re-install 8? I'm not sure how to do this yet, but I'll get it. I will back up first as losing my cue marks would be a disaster.

Posted Sun 21 Dec 14 @ 1:10 pm
95%