Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 30
8.0 is not the previous version of Virtual DJ. It's a very old version (2014).

If you're having issues with VDJ 8.2 then you should make a new post about those issues, giving exact details about which VDJ version you're using, the nature of the issues and where / when they occur.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 17 @ 11:00 am
Big fan of your Skin Fruit. I was wondering how to use 2 deck view inverted waves work on all decks with my ddj-sz.

In 2 deck mode with below decks waves & inverted grid when I select deck 3 (left controller) & deck 4 (right) they only show the audio wave view in the scratch panel not the main horizontal audio view (which continues to show decks 1 & 2), it works on default (active decks) but cannot invert the waves.

I hope this makes sense haha

Thank you in advance.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 1:37 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You might be using an outdated version of the skin. I just re-checked, and the 'inverted' wave mode is nicely showing decks 3 & 4 as well as 1 & 2. Make sure you donwload the very last version in this site (v0.8.2).

https://virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80126

Posted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 3:11 pm
Fruit!!! I already love this skin B4 you told me about the update...now I am just keen to jam out hard. I will admit, upon open of the new skin a little bit of pee came out... haha top shelf Fruit! Is there an award that I can nominate you for or maybe a sample or 22 that I can create for you? Ur a champ thank you for your prompt response & thank you for your hard work on creating a skin I am comfortable in.

Peace

Mark

soundcloud.com/axforddj

Posted Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 10:27 am
BlokatoHome userMember since 2017
OK, let me rephrase this...

Fruit, what lines must be deleted in your skin to make it work with 8.0.xxxx or 8.1.xxxx versions of Virtual DJ?

Thanks a lot for your effort

Posted Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 4:00 pm
Why would you still want to run (very) outdated versions of VDJ?

FRUiT's skin is downloaded by around 1000 people a month, and most of those would be using it with the latest version of VDJ (most people here download the automatic updates as soon they become available). Most posts in this thread are praise, not complaints that it doesn't work in a 2014 version of VDJ...

I don't see the issue. Just install the latest VDJ 8.2 and all will be fine.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 5:05 pm
BlokatoHome userMember since 2017
Of course I praise the skin too. If you read the text log you would see that the latest version of the skin is not compatible with versions prion to 8.2.xxxx.
On the other hand I cannot make version 8.2 to work properly. There are minor bugs but I am ok with the most of them.
Main problem is that autogain is all over the place and I cannot make it to work properly. Oh yes I tried almost everything.
I am using the program since 2004 and I know its functions but this time I am stuck with either using a 8.1.xxxx without the skin.
Thats all.

Kind regards and thanks for your time.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 6:19 pm
It you want to Fruit's latest skin then you need to use Virtual DJ 8.2 any version after 36XX. Anything before 3600 vers. And you'll be having issues.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 7:14 pm
AxfordDJ wrote :
little bit of pee... haha

Haha fellow you ^^ Thanks !

I must admit backward compatibility has always been a concern to me. Unfortunately some of the recent ugrades simply forced skinners to step in, or stay low...

Make the skin compatable with 8.0 is not a matter of deleting a few lines, but rather rewrite entire sections and remove several features. Too much work.

IMHO, Groovin is right, you should try to make 8.2/updated software to suit your needs. I don't see any registered working guys here complaining about auto-gain, so mostly you missed something.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 9:03 pm
The first thing to say is, thanks, thanks for the great work on this skin. And also, sorry for my bad English.

I use this skin in "controller" mode, it is perfect, but I would like to modify a detail.

In the position / cue flag option, I like to see "cue name" not "cue number".

I have searched the xml file and found the following line (951):

<Submenu text = "Position">
<Item text = "Cue flag" action = "var '@ $ v8bf_songpos_cues' 1? Set '@ $ v8bf_songpos_cues' 0: var '@ $ v8bf_songpos_cues' 2? Set '@ $ v8bf_songpos_cues' 0 "Check =" var '@ $ v8bf_songpos_cues' 1 "true: var '@ $ v8bf_songpos_cues' 2" />
<Item text = "Grid" action = "toggle '@ $ v8bf_ctrlr_posgrid'" check = "var '@ $ v8bf_ctrlr_posgrid' 0" />

But I do not know how to modify it so that instead of appearing the number of the cue, the name of the cue appears.

Posted Tue 16 May 17 @ 7:30 am
javiktala85 wrote :
like to see "cue name" not "cue number"

This cannot be done atm due to vdj program lacks. Showing those numbers is made by using some tricks with image bits and sliders, vdj is not able to show dynamic things like cue names strings.

Posted Tue 23 May 17 @ 6:07 am
thanks! Okay, but, in the wave above, if I have that possibility.
Would it be possible, when changing the view that the wave was static?

Posted Fri 26 May 17 @ 6:13 am
Sorry for my english.

I´m having an issue with the waveform in the top (in the help they call it the RHYTHM Area). I can´t move the waveform of Deck B even when selected I only can move the Deck A waveform. I´m using a tochscreen laptop, this is not a machine related problem, and is the same using my mouse, and in another pc.

Thanks in advance Alexei

Posted Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 3:30 pm
Hi FRuiT

I am pretty new to VDJ (8), coming from Traktor Pro 2 for 10 years of use.
I am still in the investigating and 'learning' fase of VDJ (I have the latest version 8.2 build 3752). All my music is now categorized to my personal needs and I can now start (re) editing (beat grids, cue-points, loops, ...) my tracks.
Unfortunately there's no way to import Traktor cue's, loops and beat grids into VDJ.
Bummer :-(

As suggested by a forum member, I installed your skin (latest version 0.8.2) and must say: WOW, GREAT JOB !
However, I noticed some things while looking at the beat grid in the wave.
I have set the Wave View to 'Per Deck: Inverted', but I noticed this issue also occurs on the other wave-settings, so it's not wave-setting related):

This screenshot is from the VDJ Default Skin. It shows that the (beat) marker (grid line) in the wave is at exactly the same (right) position as in the BPM Editor.

This screenshot is from your FRuiT skin. As you can see, the (beat) marker (grid line) is slightly off position in comparison with the BPM Editor (beat) marker. But it is only visual off-beat.

Also, when I manipulate the wave (move the wave back and forth to determine the exact point in the song to set a cue point) with my mouse (for editing purposes I don't have my controller connected), in the wave of your skin, I get no audio. I can only get audio when I manipulate the wave via the skin platter.
When I do the same (mouse-manipulate the wave) in the VDJ Default skin, I do get sound.
But I would rather use your skin, because of the large wave's :-)

But again, very nice and user-friendly skin !

Greetz
Kristof

Posted Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 8:53 pm
Sorry for the late,

I noticed that too, I believe it's related to the core rendering of each type of view. All the waveform windows in the skin have been scaled pixel-wide.

Thanks for the great review ^^

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 3:28 pm
alex6dj.cu wrote :
I can´t move the waveform of Deck B even when selected

Use the right mouse button instead of left.

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 3:29 pm
alex6dj.cu wrote :

Ok, it works. But, there is always a "but", i use my fingers not a mouse to work, then is almost imposible to work this fast enought...

Sorry mi english...

Thanks.

Posted Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 5:44 pm
Fruit wrote :
alex6dj.cu wrote :

I've been wondering about that for a few weeks now. now I know :)

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 7:14 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When I click to change from automix to sample or karaoke or sidelist;
the skin changes to the browser mode. It will return to normal after about 10-15 seconds.

Posted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 2:17 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here is another situation.
When type in song or artist in search it also switches to browser mode

Posted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 2:36 pm
79%